What do you believe in now?

by YoSista 30 Replies latest jw friends

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I came to see that there are really only experiences.... and our mind invents beliefs about these expeirences which are also experiences and so there really is nothing to do but compare and contrast and examine and evaluate these with other experiences.... and so I found everyone has their own unique point of view and thus their own unique Belief Systems or BS which naturally flows from their mental orifice... and I found one of the wiser of these orifi was a man named Robet A Wilson who advises that we should never take any BS too seriously and apply that to ourselves as well.... I have never found any better advise nor better point of view to this date.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum yosister and cantgetout, you need to do a lot of research before you decide what your next moves should be, there is certainly a lot that's wrong with the way the JWs perceive many issues, especially their image of God is wildly wrong and intentionally so, in order to frighten and control their members through it.

People that left the JWs became all sorts of things, atheists, pagans, Jews, Catholics, etc etc

I continue to be a theist and may join a serious christian religion as long as it is not cultic in nature.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Me personally? Love, family and physics.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice post JT!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I still believe in God, Jesus, the Bible, and the core JW teachings, however, I now no longer believe there is any one true religion on earth, just true Christians scattered amongst various groups. I've shifted more towards what the Bible Students and Russell believed lately, but without all the ridiculous chronology and speculations.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm athiest and believe in doing what's right because it's what's right.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

welcome yosister and cantgetout!!

I remember all too well being where you are at!! But it does get better and easier!! You will find your path, just don't force it...leave your mind open!!

Personally, I like the pagan/wiccan path. It fits me like a glove. You aren't stuck -- you're free to follow your own path!!

blessed be-

shelley

• oldflame
    oldflame

I have chosen the Baptist faith myself, first they teach the truth about Christ and second the pastor is an awesome teacher. When he speaks everybody listens. I don't agree with some of the Baptist doctrine but it is a christian church and you don't have to in order to be welcomed. You can disagree with the church and there is no reprocussion from it. Unlike some others I know.

• JH
    JH

What I believe now is that I'm in re programming mode...................................................

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Welcome yosista and cantgetout, and thanks everybody for some great insights!

This thread reminds me of Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot" - Godot did't come for us either as Beckett somehow already knew. The bOrg left many of us - including myself - "bewitched, bothered and bewildered" (as the song goes).

Believe what is true to yourself, the rest is Matrix - except for one thing: listen to Bach, and you'll know there is a God for sure.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I believe I'm going to have a good Christmas and new year

As for a belief system, I don't have one, and don't need one. I was an atheist before I fell for the wts lies, and I have returned to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit