What do you believe in now?

by YoSista 30 Replies latest jw friends

• YoSista
    YoSista

I am discovering a whole new way of life and thinking now that I have left the *truth*. Part of me still believes in some of the teachings, I just don't agree with the organization, Its difficult to find amiddle ground, I just wondered what some of you have decided on, what your beleif system is now?

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome YoSista!

I was discussing this with my husband last night. I told him that I believe in a creator, but that the creator really isn't interested in our lives now. As long as we live our life not hurting anyone and doing as much good as we can for others, then that is enough. He agreed. Organized religion is just not for us any longer.

Purza

• avishai
    avishai

I believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster.

• Grog
    Grog

I think your going to find that people go into a wide range of beliefs after leaving the dubs. I think you will find most people either turn away from organized religion alltogether or join some offshoot of christianity. Personally I belive in the more new-age we are all one spirituality. I don't see myself going to any kind of a church again in my life... but you will find a wide range of opinions on here.

• YoSista
    YoSista

Reeeeally! Sounds fabulous! And what are the perks exactly of beleiving in the flying spahgetti monster? Is he all suffering and kind?

• YoSista
    YoSista

I can't see myself going back to any kind of organized religon either. I have had my fill. Its just really alot more difficult to change your way of thinking, after so many years.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

When I first started lurking here I was pretty sure the bible was correct, even got myself a different translation to read etc, but the further you draw away from the brainwashing the more you reason on stuff. Now I reason that if God loved us no way would he allow the world to be like this or destroy people in one swoop. Also the garden of eden, flood, ransom accounts, just make NO SENSE.

Slowly i find myself moving away from belief in the bible at all, Maybe I'm agnostic, not atheist yet, cos I just dont see the evolution thing..

But welcome! You will find your place!

Poppy xxx

• juni
    juni

BELIEVE IN HAVING FUN, ENJOYING LIFE, NOT BEING JUDGEMENTAL OF OTHERS.

ABSOLUTELY NO ORGANIZED RELIGION. THEY ALL HAVE THEIR POWER TRIPS AND RULES. JUNI~~~~~~~~

• juni
    juni

Welcome Yosista!! I didn't notice at first that you are a Newbie and have only posted twice. Juni~~~~~~~~

• poppers
    poppers

"what your beleif system is now?"
    The question implies that one should have a belief system. Notice how your perception of the world has changed after dropping the JW belief system. To adopt another system will only color your perception of the world in another way. May I suggest that you find out what the world is like without any belief system? Perhaps the world will be seen as it is. Wouldn't that be refreshing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit