The WTS 's fear of the internet

by greendawn 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

They pressured their own followers into not setting up websites to promote the JW religion,they have demonised the internet as if on every webpage there is someone ready to destroy the faith of a JW, and they are monitoring websites that are hostile to them to see if they can find ways to legally close them down.

Why do they fear the net so much if they have the truth as they like to parrot so often?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe they are just tired of all the pop-up ads and think that the pop-ups originate with the demons.

Rub a Dub

• Muffinman
    Muffinman

Information flows freeky on the net. People are able to express whatever opinion they have. Combine this with the fact that the WTS has no control over this information, and you have an environment that is truly dangerous to JW's. (And your last question, well, I think the short answer is they don't :))

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

For the same reason the Catholic church feared the printing press and translation of the bible into the vernacular - control of information

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

EXCELLENT answer, stillA.

• integ
    integ

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but how is Quotes' battle with the faithless slave coming along?

Thanks,

Integ.

• Flash
    Flash
    Why do they fear the net so much if they have the truth as they like to parrot so often?

They don't have it, not in the absolute sense like they want everyone to believe and they will ultimately fail in their efforts to contain or limit the knowledge of truth.

The truth, the ultimate factual reality of everything is both an immovable object and a irresistible force, it will always prevail.

• integ
    integ

Please ignore my query in regards to "quotes". I just saw the other thread on the subject and someone was nice enough to PM me with info.

Thanks,

Integ.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good question greendawn. I raised a similar one with my auntie. She is angry that i spoke about my feelings on the WTS to my cousin, who is having doubts. I asked her what you raised. He has been indoctrinated almost daily for 30 years. If one 2 hour conversation is able to undo all of that it must raise serious questions about the truthfulness of it all.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Ya'll should hear my mother every morning:

"Be careful with that internet! I want Jehovah's holy spirit to stay in my house.!"

"Computers are not alive mom. They only do what you want them to do."

"Well be careful at whatever it is you are doing! Jehovah is watching!"

Every morning same we have the same convo and all I do is go online to check my bank statement. yes, Jehovah is watching mother-while I balance my checks and go take a dump.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit