Depression, Holidays & JW's

by oldflame 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby came over and we had some good food and good whiskey, watched some good football, lost a buck on the game to Gumby (sucker) but all in all it was a nice day.

Yea....he lost a buck to me while he dozed off sleepin! Imagine, his favorite football team ( Green Bay Packers)....is losin and he falls asleep!

I just wished I could celebrate with my dub family

The real reason is......he wants to bet against people he can win bets from...... unlike me!

btw.....thanks OldFlame for giving me a Christmas this year.....I had a great time.

Gumby.......who's just a tad kweezie in the stomach this mornin

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Tell me what your feelings were then

A smug feeling of superiority because we were not so "tied to the system" that we had to rush, lemming like, to the shops and carry on with it all... I think that is typical of the witnesses that I know.

Now? , I just go with the flow. I compromise and do things at work that I would not have done them, {harmless stuff, I mean, because I do not see any need to be different} but among dub family, I just carry on as normal and let it all pass by .. I will secretly be glad to get back to work.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wouldn't say I got depressed at Christmas, but I was the only member of my family in the org, and I did feel a bit left out at times. However, some of us used to have get - togethers on Christmas Day, parties really of course, but no - one called them that. This year has been my first proper Christmas celebration since 1980, and my family are delighted. I have sent them all cards and gifts, and they have done the same to me. I have enjoyed it, but it's seemed kind of strange.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit