WTS Letter to Congregations re. HLC

by doinmypart 78 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Elsewhere, thank you for posting that 1995 letter. I read it and saved it to disk. It could be important in light of its wording, esp. where they seem to be suggesting that elders in the cong and only members of the HLC be privy to certain info and that their names be kept confidential among JWs only.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

My blood-pressure shoots up every time I read this old article!

WT-58-8-1-p.-478 Questions from Readers • One of Jehovah’s witnesses who claims to be of the anointed remnant recently went to the hospital and took a blood transfusion, voluntarily. Should she be allowed to partake of the emblems of bread and wine at Memorial time?—R. J., United States. We, of course, regret with you that this sister who professes to be one of the anointed remnant took a blood transfusion voluntarily during her stay in the hospital. We believe that she did the wrong thing contrary to the will of God. However, congregations have never been instructed to disfellowship those who voluntarily take blood transfusions or approve them. We let the judgment of such violators of God’s law concerning the sacredness of blood remain with Jehovah, the Supreme Judge. The only thing that can be done in the cases of individuals like this is to view them as immature and therefore not capable of taking on certain responsibilities, hence refusing to make certain assignments of service to such ones. Since an individual is not disfellowshiped because of having voluntarily taken a blood transfusion or having approved of a dear one’s accepting a blood transfusion, you have no right to bar this sister from the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal. As an anointed member of Christ’s body she is under orders and command by Christ Jesus to partake. Whether she is unfaithful as to what she professes to be by virtue of taking the emblems of the Lord’s Evening Meal is something for Jehovah God to determine himself. His judgment begins at the house of God. It is not for you or anyone serving the Memorial emblems to act as the judge, but to allow the emblems to go to anyone in the audience as these are passed along in the normal manner of letting each one have the opportunity to partake.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Good find, Atlantis!

The only thing that can be done in the cases of individuals like this is to view them as immature and therefore not capable of taking on certain responsibilities, hence refusing to make certain assignments of service to such ones.

Makes one wonder...could there be another explanation?

1 John 2:26-29 — These things I write YOU about those who are trying to mislead YOU. And as for YOU, the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him. So now, little children, remain in union with him, that when he is made manifest we may have freeness of speech and not be shamed away from him at his presence. If YOU know that he is righteous, YOU gain the knowledge that everyone who practices righteousness has been born from him.

Hmm....maybe...maybe she is really anointed?

AuldSoul

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    8. Can any doctor or hospital give complete assurance that blood or blood fractions will not be used in treatment of a minor?
    Okay, that's confusing. I thought blood fractions were okay? Have they backtracked on that?

They have never said fractions were "okay" rather they take the legal burden of hemoglobin, clotting factor, bla bla bla off of themselves by making it a "conscience" matter.

In service meeting parts it is made clear that although this is a "conscience" matter, that doesnt mean you cant piss off Jehovah if your conscience tells you to take fraction.

In all my time of witnessing blud cards and DPAs I never saw any strong dub say they would accept fractions. Less than strong dubs dont worry about their blud card or DPAs.

• zagor
    zagor

Why does a letter from 1995 have to be DESTROYED. Hmmmm. You know that "great harlot" catholic church keeps records as old as Roman Empire and everything done thorughout dark ages is still available in Vatican library and even over the Internet. Rather interesting.

• Clam
    Clam

I'm new to this forum but love it to bits already. In fact its stopping me from getting on with Christmas shopping. Sorry to jump into a specific subject link, but do any full on JWs ever come on here and make their points? I would imagine not. It must be like a cat turning up at a PitBull show. LOL

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Clam:

Oh yes! You will see posts from JWs here from time to time defending the borganization! Keep watching!

By the way, WELCOME to the group Clam!

Cheers!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Elsewhere:

Many thanks Elsewhere for getting that information for us!

Little gift your your hard efforts:

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well done to those who acquired and put up these letters..

My wife is going to the Service Meeting tonight armed with a new version of the "Blood Card " to be explained and then signed/witnessed. I have not checked whether anybody has posted up this new card yet. It is ,however, bigger , more detailed and calls on the publisher to make individual choices re. "fractions" and the use of machines that circuit the blood out of the body... She was totally confused ,

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

zagor:

Why does a letter from 1995 have to be DESTROYED. Hmmmm.

Yes, it does rather sound as though they want the [evidence] destroyed after viewing, doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit