WTS Letter to Congregations re. HLC

by doinmypart 78 Replies latest watchtower medical

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Nope, nothing about factions. Ah well.

• blondie
    blondie

I guess that JWs need to get "good" health insurance and without going to college and getting a "good" job. How many part-time jobs have "good" health insurance?

Medical care can be very expensive. A good health insurance policy may allow treatment that might not otherwise be available. (Make sure you know if your policy will pay for experimental treatments or treatments that could be done with less expensive blood-based procedures). Doctors and hospitals rightly expect compensation for services rendered, and pharmaceuticals are often expensive. Appropriate planning may help avoid serious financial problems.
  • blondie
    blondie

When you choose to do this (“wisely appoint non-family members who are Jehovah’s Witnesses as their health-care agents”), it would be prudent and a kindness to advise your non-Witness family of your decision.

Yes, don't be surprised if the non-witness family members try to sue your a** for your lack of "kindness."

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

More hosts, the merrier...I will be happy to host it.

AuldSoul

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

They just won't leave our family alone:

"...the court can determine a capable teen to be a "mature minor," hence competent to make medical decisions. In these cases, the HLC together with HIS and the Legal Department may be in a position to assist."
    "...some publishers wisely appoint non-family members who are Jehovah's Witnesses as their health-care agents...Thus, if you are hospitalized and unconscious, your family members will not be surprised when a non-family member speaks for you regarding health-care matters."
    "HLC brothers will often be at the hospital when an emergency develops, and with your permission they may discuss your case with the doctor."
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

We need a copy of the January 3, 1995 letter they say should be destroyed.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Ugh. Why do I get this vomity taste in my mouth every time I read a letter from the society?

W

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    We need a copy of the January 3, 1995 letter they say should be destroyed.

Good point. Anyone have access to this letter?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx doinmypart and elsewhere.

I know a couple of elders who will get their hair in knotts over knowing that this is out in the public.

I love it. Apostates rock!

Jeff

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks doinmypart! I am working on OCR'ing it right now. That way people can copy and paste the text from it.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit