Farewell to a Friend part 2

by wanderlustguy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• skyman
    skyman

Sorry to hear!!!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I do hope others in a similar frame of mind as your loved one was will take courage from your words. And I hope those thinking of returning to the WTBTS will heed the warnings they find here as to the faith-destroying, soul-destroying, life-destroying power this organization wields.Get out of "her", my people, while you can...

~Merry

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Peter Gabriel

I Grieve

It was only one hour ago
    It was all so different then
    There’s nothing yet has really sunk in
    Looks like it always did
    This flesh and bone
    It’s just the way that you would tied in
    Now there’s no-one home

I grieve for you
    You leave me
    ‘so hard to move on
    Still loving what’s gone
    They say life carries on
    Carries on and on and on and on

The news that truly shocks is the empty empty page
    While the final rattle rocks it’s empty empty cage
    And I can’t handle this

I grieve for you
    You leave me
    Let it out and move on
    Missing what’s gone
    They say life carries on
    They say life carries on and on and on

Life carries on
    In the people I meet
    In everyone that’s out on the street
    In all the dogs and cats
    In the flies and rats
    In the rot and the rust
    In the ashes and the dust
    Life carries on and on and on and on
    Life carries on and on and on

It’s just the car that we ride in
    A home we reside in
    The face that we hide in
    The way we are tied in
    And life carries on and on and on and on
    Life carries on and on and on

Did I dream this belief?
    Or did I believe this dream?
    Now I can find relief
    I grieve

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

well put wanderlust..... well put. freedomlover

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Two weeks ago at the last meeting I ever went to, I spoke to one of the single-mother-silent obedient sisters from the "back-row" class. There were tears in her eyes as I tried to say some comforting words to her. She has been abused by her ex in many ways, and has only recently left him despite her fears to fall out of line for it. She is trying to work and care - while endangering her own life - for her knife-wielding adult schizophrenic son that she's afraid of having institutionalized because in that case he will no longer be under her parental care, and will therefore die in Armageddon - according to some elders. She lives with excruciating guilt and is afraid of displeasing Jehovah; blames herself for everything. Her yoke is not light. She applies the rigid theo-con rules to herself while the others just laugh when tactically and calculatingly rationalizing which rule to burden themselves with. How long will she last? My parents self-destructed in the late seventies. Tranquillizers, alcohol abuse, frequent institutionalization. Much shame. Much silence. By the time they died they hadn’t been able to look in the mirror for many years. First my mom - a pioneer for many years - committed suicide. Six months later my dad drank himself to death. He had been a prominent elder for many years. (I have posted about this earlier.) Ever since I have been wandering - things are finally starting to fall in place. I felt ashamed for all those years. I never realized it was a trend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit