Anyone Seen The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe yet?

by SWALKER 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• carla
    carla

Very good! followed the book quite well. Wish they would do the 'Last Battle'. That would really be something! Are jw's familiar with the Chronicles of Narnia series? my kids read them when quite young or I read to them. I can't see these being jw approved, as C.S. Lewis is one of the prominent Christian writers of our time.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

My wife won't see it because BigMother doesn't approve of it.

I tried to explain to her that it is Christian allegory and that C.S. Lewis is about the most loved Christian apologist there is.

BigMother doesn't approve.

I told her actually, it isn't even really Christian allegory. It is more of a "supposal". Suppose God created other worlds, and one of those worlds was entered by man with all his sinful nature. Then how would God set that world to right. The rest is just a backdrop so kids will want to read it.

She will probably watch it on dvd.

It isn't that big of a deal or likely to open her eyes to the truth about BigMother. I just like it when she does things not approved by BigMother.

CYP

• luna2
    luna2

I read the books as a kid and loved them, but for some reason I have no desire to see this movie. Maybe I'll change my mind before its gone from the theaters.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I read and reread these books growing up..........have not seen the movie yet, but, it sure looks good on the ads!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What happens at the end?

The jesus lion gets nailed to a cross killed so that everyone else can live.

• bem
    bem

Seen the movie and it was everything I wanted it to be.

~ Dorothy

• Emma
    Emma

My son and I didn't really like it. I think we compared the special affects to the Lord of the Rings trilogy and were disappointed. We both thought the actor that played the youngest sibling was great. Yes, it was a beautiful movie.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    What happens at the end?
    The jesus lion gets nailed to a cross killed so that everyone else can live.

Forgot to mention that Jesus the Lion resurects.

• M.J.
    M.J.

great movie. And my wife liked it too. I didn't mention a thing about Christian parallels.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

An excellent movie. Mr Thumnus (not sure of spelling) was excellent, just how I imagined him and the wicked witch was, at the same time, wicked and sexy - just right as a symbol of femine evil.
    Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit