I confess - Please help

by Lady Lee 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Lady Lee

I do the same thing, but probably for very different reasons. I can't keep my friggen cats out of my tree. Charlie Brown's tree looks better than mine does right now, all the branches are bent down and all the ornaments are under the tree.

So I'm constantly "putting the tree up" You are not alone! Enjoy!

SK

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY ANY OF THE DECORATIONS - ESPECIALLY THE TREE.

if somebody else does that side of things, then it will look great to you and you won't start trying to change it. Look at how many artists hate a picture that everbody else loves!

The same symptoms will then appear when you are in the kitchen, doing the cooking. A touch more salt, blah blah.

If you grew up in the cult:

1: they have had the need to change things constantly in the name of purity and salvation.

2: nothing NOTHING you do is ever good enough.

3: New Light. ON the branches.

Whiskey and Green Ginger wine. Or Vodka and blue Bols will cure you.

HB

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

When you say itch, do you mean literally or figuratively?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just had to post on this as a warning to some of you who are new to Christmas.

Beware of Ornamentitis

• tec
    tec

Is one of the symptoms letting your kids do the decorating, and then anxiously staring at the bare spots on the tree until you HAVE to take over-- er, I mean, help?

:)

Tammy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

That's the beginning of it. I'm sure you feel the tingling in your fingers and the urge to give direction or get up and do it or worse leave it untilt he kids go to bed and then redo it is overwhelming

• Satanus
    Satanus

Have you thought of taking up painting? It might drain that energy.

S

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Aw, a post by Dansk...

He is still remembered and thought about.

Snoozy..remembering Dansk (Ian)...

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I am getting ready to get my tree..I saw a really pretty prelit one at Walgreens for $24.99. I think it is about 4 and a half ft tall. It is also one of the fullest ones I have seen for that price. I have lots of decorations left from my Mom and Dad to put on it.

I am anxious to put it up..it will be the first one I have done all on my own ...

I even have a few presents already to put under it..

Snoozy, who will probably do the same thing with the ornaments...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit