I confess - Please help

by Lady Lee 38 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

One solution is to get your ass back in the TRUTH and quit celebrating pagan holidays (except halloween of course which is cool).

LMAO.

Lady Lee, are you a virgo? (that would explain part of it.)

My suggestion would be.. instead of having a tree in the house, you could put up a huge tree outside. Then, everyone would be able to enjoy it and every time you'd feel the urge to change the decorations and move them around, you would have to go outside in the cold.

Personally I don't celebrate christmas, but I have a bit of a OCD problem as well. I re-arrange my food cupboards all the time, like at least twice a week. It annoys the hell out of me and still I do it. Heck, I just did it last night.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm pretty sure I have your problem! My bf will tell me to leave the tree alone.. he says it is perfect the way it is.. but I can't help myself!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The modern-day solution is the fibre-optic tree. No ornaments or tinsel required, just a dazzling display of lights. No moving parts, though not recommended for under 3 year olds. Batteries not included.

I'll sell you one for $99.95!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

fairchild

Lady Lee, are you a virgo? (that would explain part of it.)

Nope - a gemini

My suggestion would be.. instead of having a tree in the house, you could put up a huge tree outside. Then, everyone would be able to enjoy it and every time you'd feel the urge to change the decorations and move them around, you would have to go outside in the cold.

Really hard to do in a wheelchair. And drat there aren't any nice evergreens around here

Personally I don't celebrate christmas, but I have a bit of a OCD problem as well. I re-arrange my food cupboards all the time, like at least twice a week. It annoys the hell out of me and still I do it. Heck, I just did it last night.

Oh please don't tell me things like that. It might be contagious you know

Sassy

I'm pretty sure I have your problem! My bf will tell me to leave the tree alone.. he says it is perfect the way it is.. but I can't help myself!!
    I knew there was a reason we get along so well.
    LT
    The modern-day solution is the fibre-optic tree. No ornaments or tinsel required, just a dazzling display of lights. No moving parts, though not recommended for under 3 year olds. Batteries not included.

I'll sell you one for $99.95!

I don't think so.
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Wow, I never knew that I suffered from a named disease... I feel so special...

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

LadyLee,

My non expert opinion would say its in the same ball park as OCD but not the same game, if you only get this sort of irrationality over a Christmas tree.

I have OCD, and take meds for it. In fact, right now as I type, I'm on the edge. (bad day).

I don't think meds or professional counseling are in order, just a good friend to sit down and share a cup of tea with, by the Christmas tree, talking about your little obsession. Works wonders.

steve

• cheezy
    cheezy

Gregor: That's easy, you have OCD, Obsessive Christmastree Disorder. The classic symptom is feeling like a yo-yo on a rollercoaster which is not only annoying but dangerous, especially when the coaster is going down and the yo-yo is going up, ouch! Sometimes I feel like a Scotch and soda on an airplane but that's something entirely different.

One solution is to get your ass back in the TRUTH and quit celebrating pagan holidays (except halloween of course which is cool).
    Gregor that is priceless! Seriously, it should be framed!

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Oh please don't tell me things like that. It might be contagious you know

Noooooo I sure hope it's not contagious. But hey, wouldn't we want our cupboards clean?

• Carol
    Carol

Fairchild - Virgo's are perfectionists yes, but we usually expect ourselves to be perfect and would have already mapped out where we are going to put what, well ahead of the holidays.....that way it's "perfect" the first time

As to the original confession, I think what we have here is a case of not having celebrated Christmas for so long, you just wish to have the most perfect tree possible. I'd also suggest the egg nog in copious quantities and suggest spiking the rest of the families drinks, so they either get with the program' (the quest for the perfect tree) orl leave you alone and let you have the fun you so rightly deserve!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

In responding to a PM that my fingers are itching to take the tree down and start all over again I finally figured out what this game is all about.

No OCD. No ornamentitis. No neuroses that I can think of.

It's fun. That's it. Just it's fun.

It doesn't have to be perfect.

When I was little (before my mother got involved with the JWs) I remember Christmas. But I was too little to help in the decorating. Then there was all those years of JWdum and no holidays at all.

Well now I get to decorate and have fun.

The problem though is that once I am finished decorating that's it. The fun part of putting the tree up is over. I only do this once a year. It's not enough. So all the moving of ornaments, all the placing of lights, all the decorating fun is over.

My ornamentitis is simply a way to prolong my fun.

Aha! I'm cured.

Although I still might take it down and start all over. Don't laugh. I've done it before

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit