My response from the CCoJW inre UN/DPI

by AuldSoul 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The thing is I remember all those venomous WT articles written about the UN. How they have been themselves in the place of God and how blasphemous, satanic the UN is, blah blah blah...

On the first page of this letter you can see how they are trying to seduce the reader and make the reader feel at ease-the second page does mention some UN references in the WT, but doesn't state exactly where.

Another great WT work of masterful deceptions.. cybs

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

AuldSoul,

So what your saying is, their analogy of the governments does not apply because they are not members of any goverment department.
    But lets accept that they were members:

1. Why would they do it then hide it?
    2. What do they have to gain from this?

It doesn't make sense to set yourself up for such a basting. Maybe it really was accidental. But why wasn't Jehovah watching their back?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The last paragraph on page one is a perfect example of the WT double think double speak policy. On one hand they say the goverment and Un are wild beasts under Satanic--on the other hand they say we need to respect these ones and recognize the good works they do.

???????????? How does this balance out in the JW brain? No wonder mental problems run rampant in the Org.

cybs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I can't help but wonder what the UN would think of their stance, as verified in this reasonably recent letter.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Spectrum,

Excellent reasoning.

Maybe it really was accidental.

Not really even a possibility, given that the relationship has ongoing requirements to maintain their status. Creating the Associate member relationship is possible, on some strange world where Jehovah's Witnesses don't know who the disgusting thing that causes desolation is supposed to be. But maintaining it means more than one knew about it.

Why would they set themselves up for a basting? They had no clue they would get caught. When they got caught, their response was knee-jerk reactionism. Poor choice, but once made hard to step back from.

The guilty often try to cover sin and silence those who would reveal it. The only surprise to JWs is, the organization itself is behaving as though it is guilty and has something to hide. If they only knew how much is being hidden.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• david_10
    david_10

Wow, Auldsoul, that is one fine letter! Has Randy read this letter? I think it would make an excellent addition to his UN file at Freeminds. I think that you've made the best presentation yet of the whole UN debacle. No one with half-a-brain could argue with it.

As I was reading, it occured to me that the Society won't be writing to you anymore. They know that you've figured it out and that the jig is up-----------no point in talking to you anymore. You will, however, be getting a visit from the elders. Apparently, this is what has happened, yes? The only outcome that I see from this is disfellowshipping or disassociating. You can do it to yourself (DA), or you can wait for them to do it to you (DF), but they need you out before you have a chance to talk to anyone else. Well, I hope everything works out and that you're at a point in life where being cut off from the organization won't cause too much of a hardship.

Great letter.

David

• M.Bibleres
    M.Bibleres

But there is one sentence that hit my eyes.

“But in 1991, UN personnell on duty at that time told our representative that it would be necessary to register with the DPI in order to have continued access to the libraries we had been using long prior to that time"

This is a complete new version of an excuse. It never appeared in their previous writings M. Bibleres

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks, David. I would be honored for Randy to include this on his site.

The "un"association letter is on this thread: My "un"association letter

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

The letter says,

When we realized this we immediately withdrew our registration in 2001. We are grateful that this matter was brought to our attention.

When it SHOULD read:

When we realized this we immediately withdrew our registration in 2001. We are grateful to apostates and ex-JWs for bringing this matter to our attention.

That seems more accurate.

-ithinkisee

• toreador
    toreador

Yes it kind of hard to be associated and not associated in the same breath. Excellent commentary Auldsoul! My MIL wont even broach the subject with me anymore. I think she believes I am the spawn of Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit