BIG NEWS!! MONTHS LEFT!!

by Pistoff 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The parallel, therefore, would establish definitely that the harvest would close forty years thereafter; to wit, in the spring of A.D. 1918. If this be true, and the evidence is very conclusive that it is true, then we have only a few months in which to labor before the great night settles down when no man can work." (October 1, 1917 Watchtower, p. 6149)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I heard the same thing - and that is why the theme of the District Convention this coming Summer is what it is

• observador
    observador

Since 1914 there were 1092 months!
    The PO is right; you can count time any way you want. :)

2014 in my radar screen.

• blondie
    blondie

2006-2007 Deliverance at Hand District Convention

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

At the Circuit Assembly the DO actually mentioned how the world continuing testified to Jehovah's patience... I tried to comprehend how he could think this way when it has been clearly stated that Jehovah does not move his date and that it if fixed, etc.

Oh, and here's another juicy quote from the DO: "3 to 5% divorce rate in the congregation? Not acceptable."

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Dang! I was hoping it wouldn't be before they invented solar powered hair curlers...

CG

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah Blondie I remember that day in 1941 and how enthused my mother was when they announced that Children's Book. I was 5 yrs and 10 months old.

They had all us little ones walk down the aisle to the bottom and they were giving out this book to mostly children only.

That is about all I recall from that assembly except for being on a street with my mom and her trying to hand out the latest magazines.

There were people who were really angry with the jw's and lots of them were yelling at the jw's. One lady came up to my mom and screamed at her for having a young child on the streets in this kind of situation. I was scared to death and I recall having lots of good feelings about this lady. Another among other times when I felt my mom might sacrifice me.

I grew up with very little respect or trust for my mom and usually didn't want to be around her.

Outoftheorg

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Excellent! Just enough time to charge up my cards, sell my house and blow the money, and buy a car I cannot afford because I won't have to pay for i.... Oh, what? *embarassed look here*... Oh... sorry... sometimes I get flashbacks of '74...

J

• blondie
    blondie

*** w04 2/15 p. 7 Is Religion at the Root of Mankind’s Problems? ***

God intends to remove all false religion very soon now

w03 11/15 p. 6 You Can Believe in a Paradise Earth ***

Jehovah created the earth to be the Paradise home of the human family. Very soon now, God will have that original purpose fulfilled.

w99 4/1 p. 19 Life After Death—What Does the Bible Say? ***

Very soon now, Jehovah God is going to intervene in human affairs and wipe out wickedness from the earth.

w04 8/1 p. 5 God’s Kingdom Government—A Reality Today ***

The time when humans will mass together to fight against God’s sovereignty is fast approaching.

*** w04 10/15 p. 17 "Go About in the Land" ***

. In our case, we are on the threshold of the promised earthly Paradise.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I recall an old Jdub sister telling us that back in 1968....

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit