British And American Intercourse.

by Englishman 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

OK, America, this is it. You have got to start learning English English at some point or another, after all, us Brits are having to learn American English to be able to understand all those films (movies) about how you saved our arses (butts) during the 1939 -1945 (1941 - 1945) war.

Now we all know the obvious ones, such as you calling a car bonnet the hood, the boot is the trunk and a spanner being a wrench etc etc. Plus the fact that you eat fries instead of chips and spread mayo instead of butter. By the way what the hell is a brownie, is it something in the loo (rest room, comfort station, john)?

So, come on, lets have a bit of fun with this and and some ribbing of nationalities a la Norwegian / Brit Mickey (piss) taking.

I'll start. American cars all have quarter panels. Anyone this side of the pond have the remotest clue as to what a quarter panel is?

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Englishmen,

American: Good morning, how are you?

Englishman : Orwite mate?

Who has got the problem?

One Brit t'other -- HS

• Jools j
    Jools j

american: hi!

englishman: are you?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

LOL Jools,

Yeah,

American : Hi!

Englishman : Not yet but I soon will be.

HS

• Englishman
    Englishman

And another thing, why don't you fly in aeroplanes like we do?

Englishman.

• Jools j
    Jools j

one lives in hope, hilary!

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

brownies are a type of desert made from squirrel brains and toenail clippings. They are called 'brownies' because originall they were made from buffalo knee cap cartilage and this is a brown color shade to it.

This isn't nearly as disgusting or fowl smelling as british marmite..yuck!!

-Dan

• MrMoe 2
    MrMoe 2

A quarter panel is a fender on the front driver side or passenger side of an automobile. Come on now, we are not that off, at least we don't speak in clicks and grunts! And I plead ignorance, I didn't make the rules!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Englishman,

How about:

American : Hi! I'm JJ.Jnr

Englishman : Hi. I'm Not.

HS

• Englishman
    Englishman

"A quarter panel is a fender on the front driver side or passenger side of an automobile"

A fender is a bumper, right?

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit