Good cop, Bad Cop...JW elder style

by Dune 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'll bet they only chewed him out because he'sn ot putting "enough" in the contribution box. If he were making lots of money AND donating a whole bunch, (like on a check, so they'd know who it was coming from,) I'll bet they never would have said a word.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The things that are now being said at conventions and assemblies is shameless.

I was not even in my chair for the last convention day I went to when I heard the speaker say:

"Obeying the elders in the congregation is the same as obeying Jehovahs personally."

I am jaded, and faded, and that one threw even me.

• Es
    Es

oh yeah i got dragged into the back room by 4 elders....i was wanting to be a reg pioneer, then my father thought he had cancer so i had to get a full time job to help support the fam. The elders knowing this still announced me being a reg pioneer and so when it was said that i could no longer do that, they dragged me off to the back room telling me off for getting a job and how embarrasing it looked to the elders for announcing my pioneering.

I was pissed off, they did it in front of my friends as well so they all thought i had done something wrong

es

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The only time I was ever called to a judicial meeting was when another bro.and I got absolutely HAMMERED at a work do I 'organised'.I had 3 elders,1 neutral,1 sympathetic and 1 aggressive just like the movies.I said 'sorry' and I meant it.At the time.But alcohol had been such a good friend to me,how could I just leave him??

• troucul
    troucul

typical interrogation approaches....good cop, bad cop...though it's not really effective when both are in the same room. My wife and I were subjected to the 'we know all' approach. "There is something wrong between you, we know it, you might as well tell us what's wrong. What's going on with you two? We've been elders for xx years, we know these things, we can tell...."

then there's the P & E down, namecalling, 'your service is lacking,' 'you can always do more,' 'it's never enough,' 'you're fat,'...etc etc...

my dad was old school, he used to do the fear-up approaches, ---yelling, throwing bibles on the floor, etc. Pretty comical when you think about it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

he shouldnt do anything about it, if he goes to the CO he will look like he is being disrepectful and get in more trouble. Remember they had two witnesses and he didnt, so they will deny being anything but up upbuilding.

Maybe it will make him think deeper about whether the cong really has Gods holy spirit directing it, and start doing some research.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Hosted by Tinypic.com Passive / aggressive Danny's Blog

• DannyHaszard
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

For Mrs Ozzie and myself, our final dealings of any kind with "Jehovah's loving organisation" was when the branch office sent a friend of ours (well, we thought he was a friend!) to visit us and he spent the whole time ridiculing our accepting our new life as christians. As he left, he looked back at us down the path and uttered these words,

"And don't forget, we've got your kids".!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

It happened to me when I was in the midst of my divorce from an abusive man. The two elders walked into our house (called there by my husband, NOT me), sat on the couch and the first one said, "So what's wrong with you?" To be fair, the other one did wince when he said that. Naturally, I got told I should be staying with my husband. Naturally, I ignored them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit