Good cop, Bad Cop...JW elder style

by Dune 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

(((((Ozzie))))))) - 'We've got your kids!' That's just terrible.

(((((((Wolfgirl)))))))) - Their stupidity is always breath taking but not surprising!

Having been brought up a JW, I BELIEVE ALL the tales of woe that ex JWs come out with. I know! I've been there, done that and got the T shirt.

The tale I'm going to tell you, is not our horror story of hounding and harrassment from elders but a poor old JW lady.

She was suffering with anxiety and agoraphobia after several of her relatives had died suddenly of cancer. Well, my aunt and Uncle, Elder and Elderette, went round to visit her. They told her that if she didn't start serving Jehovah more, and going to the meetings she was going to die 'very soon' at Armageddon. If she was able to be collected once a week by Age Concern to be taken care of at their centre then she could certainly manage three meetings a week, as someone would pick her up. They complained that she started to weep bitterly, but felt it was because she felt so guilty for not going to the meetings and out on service. After all, it couldn't possibly be that they had wounded her so badly emotionally they may as well have just beaten her to the ground with their bibles.

I remain ashamed of what they did. When I complained about what happened, to my parents, they simply said, 'well we know Armageddon is coming soon and if she isn't warned then we may be harmed also.'

Have I made my relatives appear really stupid? Maybe. But they REALLY believe this stuff and will never leave it because, I think it makes the average JW feel he or she is better than every one else. They see NO reason not to go round and bully some poor JW into total despair.

Believe me, Husband and self have been at the receiving end of just that kind of treatment.

The Elders are viscious and nasty and their token nice person, in the case just mentioned of the old lady, my aunt, ended up being even more nasty than the bad cop, my uncle.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I worked in Boston heavy construction union shop for 20 years with the 'mafia types' i tell ya these guys got some class when they are pissed,usually they treat you respectfully.

Everything the Jehovah's Witness elders do is cowardly thug like,take the appeal committe six against one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit