Anybody on a diet?

by MsMcDucket 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

Whenever I still feel hungry but know that I've had enough to eat, I think of a funny saying I read once.

"Happy are the hungry, for they are sticking to their diet."

For some reason it helps me.

Cellist

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    MEOW! Enigma One! Such eye candy!

Is that Enigma One or a model?

• Special K
    Special K

Hey.. countryguy

I make red velvet cake with Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper instead of milk and eggs.

I wouldn't mind having a copy of that receipe. I invite you to type it up here for us or send me a pm with the receipe.. pretty please..

Special K

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

LOL...no I'm not a model. But thank you.

I's got me some brains to go with my brawn, ya know.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm thinking about going on one soon. I would like to lose another 50 pounds, gain some muscle mass, and just feel better about myself. I have a picture of when I was 50 pounds lighter - I would show it to you all but my hubby hid it.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I have a picture of me when I was 70 lbs. lighter. I can't believe it was me! I have to find it.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    Hey.. countryguy
    I make red velvet cake with Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper instead of milk and eggs.

I wouldn't mind having a copy of that receipe. I invite you to type it up here for us or send me a pm with the receipe.. pretty please..

Special K,

It's very easy...
    Take one box of red velvet cake mix
    Mix it with 12oz. of Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.
    Bake at 350 for about 15-20 mins (until done). The baking time varies from the box by about 10 < printed.
    Before serving, top with one serving of Cool Whip Lite.

Per serving (1/12 of cake), this has about 200 calories and 5g of fat. If you're on Weight Watchers, that's 4 points.
    I often bake them in cupcakes and I get 24 out of one box, which cuts these figures in half.

I wouldn't call this a healty snack, but it is definately a good alternative if you're going to be put in a situation, like Chistmas, where you're faced with all kinds of "usual" baked goods.

Another alternative is Pumpkin Spice Cake (Muffins):
    Take one box of Spice Cake Mix
    Mix with one can of pumpkin pie filling
    Bake at 350 for about 20 mins (until done).
    Again, not a "healthy" snack, but a "healthier" snack to get you by. Sorry, I don't have a spice cake mix here to get the nutrition labels for you.

There are all kinds of cool recipies at Dottie's Weight Loss Zone, www.dwlz.com. Most of them are figured for Weight Watchers, so they work perfectly for me. My favorite are the Tortizzas. So far, since 9/17/05, I've lost 47lbs following the WW plan.

CountryGuy of the "Whatever gets me through the day without eating everything in sight" Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit