No Blood Card: Counter document to file for your child

by alamb 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

  • alamb

    Please find below a basic form that can be modified for your particular circumstance. This should be filed with schools, attorneys, doctors, hospitals, etc. as a counter to the No Blood Card.


    Name of Minor:___________________________________________________

    Name(s) of Legal Custodian:_________________________________________


    I am a resident of the State of ____________, over the age of 18, and fully competent to make this statement.

    I am a parent of the minor child, ___________________________. This minor is a resident of the state of _________.

    It is my desire, in signing this document and making it available to you and your institution, to let it be know that I do not agree with and will not consent to the refusal of a blood transfusion or any similar, necessary medical treatment when it is deemed appropriate for the health of my child. The health and well-being of my child are of utmost importance to me and I respect the judgment of the medical community in this regard.

    I am aware that this child may be in possession of a medical identity card distributed by Jehovah’s Witnesses. I am aware also, that the child’s mother/father may be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and conscientiously object to medical treatment involving blood and/or blood products for medical use involving this child due to religious reasons. My child is not a baptized member of Jehovah’s Witnesses and cannot fully understand the implications of taking a stand regarding a life threatening situation based on Biblical reasoning endorsed by another person. My child is also a minor and not legally capable or bound to a medical decision made on his own behalf.

    I am not one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and do not endorse this stand. As a parent to this child, I will be willing to sign waivers regarding the overriding of this document, if needed. I will also be willing to state this before a judge, if the matter is remanded to a court regarding the rights of my child.

    I am attaching a copy of a recently published essay, "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation," in the Autumn issue of Baylor University’s Journal of Church and State, December 13, 2005. Information given to the Jehovah’s Witness parent has been proven to be a misrepresentation of the facts regarding blood and it’s use and I cannot agree with any decision not made without all the facts regarding a life-saving treatment.

    I wish to be contacted in the event of a medical emergency involving this child. This may be objected to by the child’s mother/father but I am a legally recognized parent to this child and this is the lawful course. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

    I can be reached at:

    Address: _________________________________________________





    I have filed a copy of this with my attorney and a copy has been given to the child’s mother/father.

    I thank you, in advance, for your consideration in this matter.

    Respectfully yours,

    Your Name

    DATED this ________ day of _________, 2006.

    SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this _____ day of ___________, 2006.

    Notary Seal

  • GoingGoingGone

    Does anyone know if one parent agreeing to a blood transfusion for a minor child, while the other parent objects, would still delay the child's recieving blood? Or is one parent signing the consent form enough to move forward with the transfusion without dragging the courts into it?


  • alamb

    One parent's consent is enough until the HLC gets involved and starts to tie things up.

    The JW's have been known to take a child underground and effectively take efforts to block the non-custodial parent from access until it is too late. My own children have been involved in medical situations and their father chose not to inform me.

    If the other parent chooses not to involve the non-JW parent or to stall contact, this form will speak for that parent when they cannot. It should be filed BEFORE an event, alleviating this situation and giving the hospital the information they need to get things done. THEY will contact you to cover their butts.

  • rebel8

    GGG I imagine that depends upon who was awarded the right to make medical decisions for the child by the court. That is decided when the custody is worked out, isn't it? Hospitals here in NY go by the court documents that are produced to them. If 1 parent or grandparent brings a child in for emergency care they take the person's word for it that they are allowed to make medical decisions. If the kid is admitted and the other parent later produces court documents showing they are the one with the authority, then they go by that.

  • garybuss

    I like it. It's realistic, workable, testable, repeatable, and proactive.
    My problem with dealing with the Witness people was underestimating the depths they are willing to go to demonstrate their loyal obedience to the group leaders. I wouldn't trust a believing Witness any farther than I could throw a Buick.

    For conscientious cussedness on the grand scale, no other aggregation of Americans is a match for Jehovah’s Witnesses. Stanley High, The Saturday Evening Post, September 14, 1940 The Way I See it

  • alamb

    While we're at it.....BTTT

    For the Children. I'm going to bump this every month or so it can be available regularly. If you have a site, PLEASE feel free to add this document for use by non-JW parents.

  • alamb


    Another year...another card to counter.

  • sf
    My problem with dealing with the Witness people was underestimating the depths they are willing to go to demonstrate their loyal obedience to the group leaders.

    Glad to see the word WAS there Gary.

    I've never underestimated this deadly organizations 'watchtower terrorists" sheepish loyalty. If they could kill apostates and opposers, they would not hesitate.

    By the way, I wonder where our resident lawyer Eduardo has been of late?


  • skeeter1

    I like it too.

    (change the word "it's" to "its". "It's" is a short form of "it is". When you are trying to be possessive, use "its" as in "its juice.") I am the world's worst at English, but I'm fairly sure of this rule).


  • alamb


    Seems (sadly) it's time to bring this to the top again. Please pass it on for the children.

Share this