WTBS article prove 587/586 BC fall of Babylon

by crazies 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Reply to post 700

I simply state the facts concerning the problematics and deception of an erroneous chronology that ignores biblical history namely the 'seventy years' for that is your problem and not mine. The very fact that your chronology cannot give conclusive results concerning the year of the Fall shows that such chronology is indeed a 'dog's breakfast' and Satanic.

The twenty year gap exists because of faulty secular chronology that parades itself as dogmatic and infallible, our chronology simply points to the deception of secular chronology. Our application of the seventy years is correct because it is what Jeremiah states and he was there along with Daniel so these faithful men lived at the time. The endpoint of the seventy years was when the exiles returned home and repopulated the deserted land and thus there could be no other suitable historical termination.

Scholarship has no issue with 537 marking the year when the exiles returned home under Cyrus, it is only apostates drawing up a red herring want to distract people from considering 537 rather than 539.. The use of 537 is not shaky but a rock solid historical event and ther is no debate or confusion over 537 unlike the uproar over 587 or 586 or 588 or 589!

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Reply to post 701

Our chronology is based upon the valid interpretation of the seventy years and that is why I have previously described our chronology including such dates as 607 and 617 as an event-based methodology. This differs markedly from the regnal-based mthodologies used in Christendom.

The Society has demonstrated easily why 537 is the date for the Return and if you have evidence that this date is wrong or you have a better candidate then present the information. You now harp on 537 trying to make an issue of it well bring it on, Make an issue of it and I will easily dismiss your contentions along with all your other contentions that you have posted on this forum.

Bring it on!!!

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

jJeffro

Reply to post 702

The date 537 is well established within the scholarly community and by the 'celebrated'. If you have a problem then nominate your year for the Return, the reasons why the 'celebrated' are wrong and the reasons why your candidate is the one and only.

I cannot supply a tabulation for the Neo- Babylonian Monarchy other thsan what has already appeared in the WT publications which because of the absence of firm data remains tentative. Celebrated Wt scholars have given dates for some of the monarchs whose reigns intersected with biblical history so a tentative re-construction of some of the reigns is suggested as outlined in our recent publications. However, our chronology is not derived from these secular sources but the biblical accounts and history so the matter of Neo-Babylonian chronology is not overly important to us.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

crazies

I think your username says it all in your pitiful attempt to prove that the seventy years ended in 539 with the demise of Babylon as a World Power. You need to comprhed that the seventy years was a period of desolation of the land of the land of Judah and it thus remained devasted past 539 right up until the exiles returned home in 537/

scholar JW

• skyman
    skyman

Scholar you sound like a cat chasing its tail. Seventy years was for all of the country's that fell some fell one year into the campian and other fell many years into the campian. So if you want to chase your tail please do it gives me a mental picture that make me laugh. The kings list the records of the money makers of the day the reocrds that go on and on and on that proves the date of 586/7 are way to many for a dog that is shown water but way to dumb to drink as I mentioned in an earlier post can handle. You remind me of JWBEN and DFEND when it came to them answering my blood letter.

• skyman
    skyman

Scholar stick to your guns it is all you got so don't give up on the seventy day's no matter that all the facts are against you.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Scholar,

Once again you have displayed your inabilty to solidify your position. The WT has you over a barrel that is not there. Its now in your mind. You continue to wave the 607 flag. While baring the 607 cross for the Tower. They have left you with nothing to argue with. I dont know if that has hit home for you yet.

Look at the way you defend your position. Ive been searching some ninehundred posts' you have made.( looking for that elusive list) And what Im seeing, even in your first post, till present is how your continually sidestepping the real issue. Your consistently asked to either show proof of secular evidence of 607 or show a kings list. But you never do.

You just never put up any shred of anything. Do you agree if there was something for 607 kings list, someone, somewhere other than Witnesses, would come foward in some journal and say "ya know the WT has something here" ??? Doesnt it strike you as strange that nothing like that has never happened. Not to say it couldnt.

Even the British Museum of Antiquities says nothing exist for 607. Its my understanding they have the goods.

Bottom line in all this nonsense is you really have nothing. Until that changes your arguement remains from quite silence.

Then again you could point to one of your previous posts that show that comprehensive kings list.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    so the matter of Neo-Babylonian chronology is not overly important to us.

Oh man thats a good one. Well there ya go. It cannot be overly important. And you know why.

• ackack
    ackack

Just doing a cursory search for the timeline of Jerusalem I get ...

http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/jerusalem/jerutime.html

OMG! it says 538/537! Seeing as this date is a little uncertain, I think I'll throw out my far more certain date of 515. How do I arrive there you ask? Its based on what my dog ate last night and what not... sigh.

ackack

• crazies
    crazies

Scholar,

You are correct, I am crazy, crazy for putting up with the lies for my whole life. When all I had to do was read the bible and see how clearly Witnesses do fulfill prophecy, that of Matthew 24:23-26 (RBi8)

(Matthew 24:23-26) 23

"Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it.

Whats quite amazing, and I'm sure you know this, is that according to celebrated scholars (the ones who will show their credentials and tell you their names so you can check on your own) in 609 BCE Babylon overthrew Assyria, thus the ascension of Babylon as the dominat world power over the other nations. Just as Jehovah fortold through Jeremiah, for Seventy years the nations would servce Babylon (609 BCE--639BCE) Oh and 609 is an astronomically confirmed date. Which the WTBTS aggrees with astronomically confirming dating--( Insight Volume 1 p.453 Chronology-- Thus, this tablet establishes the seventh year of Cambyses II as beginning in the spring of 523 B.C.E. This is an astronomically confirmed date. ) When it fits their purpose of course.

So in response to your post to me, I am crazies, crazy for thinking salvation could be spoon fed me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit