WTBS article prove 587/586 BC fall of Babylon

by crazies 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    apostate chronology out of the water.

What the hell is apostate chronology? The sham scholars at the WTS also broght you miracle wheat, "vaccine bad" and no organ transplants.

Its hilarious scholar, you are so predictable. A Neobab/jerusalem thread hits the board and you jump all over it. It's like your faith has been destroyed on every other level, so you hang on to this topic with all your might. Im just guessing here. Maybe if I saw you defend something else like the blood issue, or pedophiles, or the UN/NGO I could think differently.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    This post has already posted the presentation of the regnal data for the Neo-Babylonian period as referred in the Insight to the Scriptures so there is no need for me to comment on this.

Yeah, so string you years together and make it work. Make your celebrated scholars work shine. I challenge you to make it work.

Oh yeah, you cant. Sorry dude your arguement is still from silience. Im certain your reasonings work somewhere like at the Hall sunday mornings.

He-he not here.

So there!
    Ahhhhh----yeeee-aaaaaahhhhhh
  • scholar
    scholar

elderwho

The joke is on you because you with all your fancy Neo-Babylonian chronology cannot decide the year for the Fall of Jerusalem whether it is 586 or 587? Celebrated WT scholars mock the secular chronololgy because our system works, Jerusalem fell in 607 BCE. When you find out what year it was then you can laugh and boast.

LOL

scholar JW

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

The halarity continues,

because our system works, Jerusalem fell in 607 BCE.

Then shut me and all of christendom up in one stroke of the keys.

Show us the kings and years rule that add up from 607-------539.

mock the secular chronololgy

He-he-he Your arguement is still from silence. Do you understand that?

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Scholar,

Why is this super important date for JWs and God for that matter such a slippery fish? This date should be crystal clear to all righteous people of all intelligences but instead it takes celebrated scholars and theologians to work it out or not some argue. Missing this missing that, he served so long, no he didn't yes he did........It shouldn't be an IQ test. Why does god fix important dates according to pagan kings anyway if I've understood it right?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome crazies -as you see if the WTBTS said black was white scholar would say - yes you are correct, black is white

• scholar
    scholar

Spectrum

The biblical date of 607 is no 'slippery fish' as it is simple and easy to explain but this cannot be said for the chronologies of Christendom where there is much disputation over the year for the Fall of Jerusalem in either 586 or 587. God has not fixed biblical dates with pagan kings but with the reigns of those kings that sat on Jehovah's throne through the line of Judah which are in fact synchronistic with pagan rulers who had dealings with His people.

scholar JW

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Scholar,

I have very little knowledge on this so I can't put up a good arguement for or against. It's obvious that there is a tug-of-war on this issue between JW and secularist and the slippery fish is the rope, although each side will claim they have the fish.

"as it is simple and easy to explain but this cannot be said for the chronologies of Christendom where there is much disputation over the year for the Fall of Jerusalem in either 586 or 587."

simple for a layman or a seasoned historian?

Every book I've read talks about 586/7 never 607. Are you sure christendom disputes its own version?

1. If Jehovah doesn't use pagan kings for chronologies then why does he use dragons and scary violent creatures to scare the living daylights out of his subjects?

2. Why are signs of the end all about death and destructions? Why couldn't it be fluffy angels coming down to show imperfect people the path to righteousness. Killing millions upon millions of people with earthquakes and wars and disease just to give us a sign does not endear us to Jehovah your God. Signs can take many forms Jehovah seems to like all out mayhem.

Think about that Scholar, for your own sake.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    it is simple and easy to explain but this cannot be said for the chronologies of Christendom where there is much disputation over the year for the Fall of Jerusalem in either 586 or 587.

I keep requesting that you do the above. Why wont you? You've been on the board, some five years, and all this time no comprehensive kings list and years ruled, whatsoever? Why not? Show your work thats all I ask. C'mon, is that so hard to do

Then your scholars can really have something to celebrate.

• scholar
    scholar

elderwho

I have already posted a regnal list for the Neo-Babylonian monarchy and this has already been posted here based on WT publications namely the Insight volumes. The article under 'Chronology' has also a list of kings for the Divide Monarchy so we have publiched all the information that you reguire. It appears that you have not followed my five year long defence of our chronology as you claim so perhaps you are walking in the path of self-delusion.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit