WTBTS Receives Award From Blood Management

by Gerard 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Doctors have been searching for bloodless alternatives since the early 1900's, well before JWs were forbidden transfusions. The way that JWs have helped in progressing the field is their willingness to be the sacfrificial guinea pigs, due to not having any other alternative.
    I think that the GB have held off allowing transfusions in the hope that an alternative as good as blood will soon be available, and must be quite worried that it has taken so long. Hemopure and Biopure are getting close and unfortunately when they are perfected I think the heat will be off JW's.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I remember another organisation giving the Watchtower credibility over its blood policy. It's the journal/brochure 'What Doctors Don't Tell You'. Perhaps if it knew about the essay it would change its mind:

Jehovah’s Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation

T his article is written in memory of all the Jehovah’s Witness children who died following the Society’s blood ban, including those of the Awake! magazine.

We need to let every organisation that has cited Watchtower's blood policy as being sound in the past to be aware of the above essay and its legal implications. Ian
  • Gerard
    Gerard

Great point, Scully!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Think of this, the primary function of red blood cells (RBC) is to deliver oxygen to all tissues and to discard carbon dioxide. No other cell, protein or chemical can do this inside our body.

If you lose blood, a doctor can replace its volume with several solutions in order to regulate your pressure, but as you lose red blood cells, the blood's capacity to carry oxygen is diminished and your body tissues suffocate and die. Sure, there are some risks of rejection shock and infection, but they are manageable and prefferable compared to the fatal alternative. The medical system know this and don't give blood transfusions lightly, artificial blood (e.g: oxygen/CO2 carriers) research is hardly motivated nor funded by a third-class little religious cult.....But I am sure the WT is looking at the chance to take credit for that one by stating the obvious and exagerating transfusion dangers. Gerry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit