I Appreciate Barbara Anderson

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Y'know, i don't mind OPINIONS... i mean, after all, REASONABLE minds may disagree, but it seems all the emphatic, uncharitable, attacking opinions come from those who have done LITTLE , if anything, to change the status quo. THAT bugs me.

If you believe passionately in your opinion, then get up off your *ss and DO something about it.

After you've given time, effort, passion, and life's blood to CHANGE the system, then ya gotta right to a strong opinion.

Not before.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

...and on a lighter note...

LT, I'll polish your microphone anytime....

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I appreciate deeply what Barbara has done in coming forward and exposing the WTS. I hope that she has many successes in her future life and I hope her book does well. She deserves it!

Asking what the rest of us have done, well that's not really fair...we all come from different backgrounds and have different resumes. There are many that post here that have overcome unbelievable trauma in their life and are still alive to talk about it and help others by doing so. Everyone reading this reach around and give yourself a pat on the back...you deserve it.

Swalker

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

My thanks as well ...

"Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, these ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance. — Robert F. Kennedy"

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

stillconcerned,

Fair warning: 'e wearsa kilt an' he inna afreyed ta use it, aughk! An' 'e's ben knownta hop a plane fer off'rin's less than yers.

AuldSoul

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Auld-

If it comes to a leg-wrestle, i think i can take him....

Swalker-

Didn't mean my post as finger-pointing, just venting...

• sf
    sf
    She does SO much that doesn't get public exposure.

SWALKER,

If you indeed are doing something with this big news, like emailing or preparing flyers or whatever it is you are DOING, then consider yourself exempt from Kim's comments.

I really wish many of the negative ones, or the ones who expect the WTOrg to fall by itself, would re-read her entire post on the big news. It won't fall by itself and the news won't be big unless and until WE MAKE IT BIG.

And there are many ways to DO this.

I certainly intend on DOING what needs to be done in order for the world to view it as big news.

Respectfully, sKally

• free2beme
    free2beme

I apprecaite myself! As I am the only one in charge of me.

• geevee
    geevee

I have found that in the excerpts that were relayed here on the forum, that there is more confirmation that at time the WTS misquotes it's sources. Hell, if it would plagerize pictures and swap them from single magazines to bound volumes, and change the passages in the Bible by adding "Jehovah" where it wasn't, then why not misquotes others too!
    Proof for me, will be proof for others when they come to where we are!
    Thanks heaps Barbara and Mr. Anderson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit