National Public Radio (NPR) broadcasts today about JWs. Do you want to hear the secrets of what this religion has been keeping under wraps?

by AndersonsInfo 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thanks, sent this to some JW family.

Bye, bye watchtower $$$$$$$$.

Eventually they will lose.

26"Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 27"What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops.…

• cha ching
    cha ching

After reading Reveal's story on the web, we had someone from 40 years ago call us She was so excited to see all of the details being made available. This causes chagrin to the WT's "keep it secret" policies.

We were told of her leaving in 2003 over the Dateline news show about abuses. She had done her own investigating, and couldn't live with the hypocrisy, wrote emails to all in her congregation disassociating herself. We hope all in the ex-witness community will be encouraged by this, that they are not alone in how they feel about the WT.

Many have responded favorably to this great news of "Secrets" that have been "Revealed". Thanks Trey Bundy, Delaney Hall, & all of you at CIR, for the GREAT job & hard work you put into this story!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

A thought regarding Gerrit Losch's refusal to appear in court.

Watchtower constantly tells JWs to 'take every opportunity to give a thorough witness.' Why didn't Gerrit Losch apply the same advice to himself?

The scriptures are clear on what he should have done.

“...people will hand you over to local courts, and you will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them” (Mark 13:9, NWT)
    18 Why, YOU will be haled before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations. 19 However, when they deliver YOU up, do not become anxious about how or what YOU are to speak; for what YOU are to speak will be given YOU in that hour; 20 for the ones speaking are not just YOU, but it is the spirit of YOUR Father that speaks by YOU. (Mt 10:18-20, NWT)

For Gerrit Losch not to have followed the above scriptures speaks volumes about the Watchtower organization; even the Governing Body do not believe for a second that they are guided or protected by holy spirit, nor do they believe the Bible.

I have been awake to the true nature of this organization for years, but if I was still in, Losch's refusal to appear before the court to "give a thorough witness" would have been an eye opener for me.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

This type of investigative reporting does not bode well for future of the Watchtower Corporation. We must not forget that Judges have access to this information about the devious behavior on behalf of the WT Corporation's CEO policy makers. So I look foreword to some major mega bucks lawsuits settlement in the future.

Good Luck!(your'e going to need for your hail Mary marketing strategy) is all I can say with regards to lawsuits that the WT Corporation now faces.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "The WTBTS Lawyer's main defense is that the 1st Amendment protects their religious freedom from being placed under judicial scrutiny. Yet the Organization has no problem mandating that Elders form judicial hearings that trample on the religious rights of those who disagree with WTBTS doctrine at any given time."

I remember the first time I read the assertion that the WTS had championed freedom of speech in the courts but didn't practice it internally (I was still in at the time)...

...and I couldn't honestly disagree.

Looking back, it was one of my first little wake-up moments.

• AFRIKANMAN
  • sir82
    sir82

It appears the noose is tightening.

The crippling lawsuits are in place - let them come, let them come.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://audio.californiareport.org/archive/R201502160850/b

Full AUDIO episode for Mon, Feb 16, 2015

Leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses Keep Lid on Child Sex Abuse Claims Download audio (MP3) The Center for Investigative Reporting's new radio program "Reveal" has unearthed a dark side to the Jehovah's Witnesses, which has about 8 million members worldwide. We talk with Reveal reporter Trey Bundy. His story focuses on a man named Jonathan Kendrick, who remained an active member of congregations in two Bay Area cities despite the fact that the organization's leaders knew about his past act of sexual abuse. The organization remained silent when those acts continued. Reporter: Trey Bundy - See more at:

http://audio.californiareport.org/archive/R201502160850/b#sthash.rj9QzQWt.dpuf

• Dagney
    Dagney

I can't forget that elder's face that was deposed when he was asked about protecting children and he responded they had a "spiritual" responsibility. He said it, and he looked like he swallowed a turd afterward as the perhaps the idiocy of that statement that just left his lips sank in.

I hope some of these clips go viral...like the yoga pants did.

If anyone has even one inkling that this organization care a hoot about any human being, they are delusional. All answers and actions are solely to protect the corporation.

Did anybody bring this to the attention of PBS news, or did they just find it as investigative reporting? It was a really good segment. Felt sad they are so evil...but they are and we all know it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    jwleaks: Does that also apply to the 'appointment' of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" in 1919 by Jesus and Jehovah. As far as I am aware there is no evidence or testimony to support this claim. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses even today make the claim that this occurred yet have never produced a single eye-witness.
    Was it an "invisible appointment" seen only in the the mind of those that want to believe? That's not evidence.
    Today Jehovah's Witnesses around the world claim that this has happened in 1919. But that is mere hearsay.

The Watchtower Society bought their printing presses in 1919. Up until that point, the printing was done by 'outside' printing companies. The only thing that happened in 1919 is that the WTS established themselves as a profit making machine in its own right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit