National Public Radio (NPR) broadcasts today about JWs. Do you want to hear the secrets of what this religion has been keeping under wraps?

by AndersonsInfo 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The article is well written.

I wonder how many witnesses will hear it.

What a grim reality.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thank you for posting the link. I now have a much better understanding of the background related to Candice C..

This is an excellent objective presentation and it provides details that I was unaware.. For those who have not listened, be warned that you "blood will boil" while listening to this

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

It will be interesting to see whether this story generates additional stories. Very often you'll see stories appear first on PBS or NPR, and then appear in the New York Times, and vice versa. Those three organizations definitely feed off of each other on investigative stories.

What would be remarkable is to see Frontline pick this up. They did a full documentary on the Mormons a few years back, so why not the JWs?

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Barb, the makers of the program and of course the victims who's courage to come forward and face the WTS over their lamentable "protection" of vulnerable children has done so much harm to so many.

It really does show that it's not accidental mishandling or an organization failing to understand or grasp an issue: it is contrived and systematic cover-up of serious crimes and protection of pedophiles by the group.

Evil, evil, evil. How can they claim to represent god and how on earth can anyone defend and believe them.

• Simon
    Simon
    It will be interesting to see whether this story generates additional stories. Very often you'll see stories appear first on PBS or NPR, and then appear in the New York Times, and vice versa. Those three organizations definitely feed off of each other on investigative stories.

Remember to use the "share" buttons to link to twitter and facebook etc...

There are 'market forces' at work even with news: if there is more interest and demand for stories then reporters are more likely to invest time and energy into investigating and they are more likely to be featured in national news channels as well.

• flipper
    flipper
    I read this article on reveal news website and it's absolutely mind boggling how the WT Society desperately tries to keep child abuse cases secret, in an exceedingly criminal way. I'm definitely going to listen to this radio broadcast. Thanks for posting Barbara
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Thanks for posting this Barbara. I read the article. Very thorough without being overwhelming.
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

According to the Reveal News story, the WTBTS is the poster-child organization for revising the U.S. Tax Code for non-profit organizations to protect children from sexual abuse. I don't know how a judge would ever be fooled to believe that an individual's 1st Amendment rights also apply to an organization. People can think - organizations cannot! The WTBTS has used undue influence and BITE control techniques to manipulate and victimize JWs for decades.

If you want to help change the Tax Code to protect children from sexual abuse and stop organizations like the WTBTS, please read the thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/49120004/revise-tax-code-protect-children-from-sexual-abuse and contact Representative Jackie Speier and your U.S. Congressional Representatives.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher
    Epic stuff- let's all work hard to spread this around and let the world know what this crazy cult is really about.
  • baltar447
    baltar447

After listening to this show, I have a theory. If in fact, as they claim that the evidence that they asked for regarding child molesters in the org is mixed in with other paperwork and legal documents, then gosh, they'd need a veritable army of paralegals and attorneys to sort through it all.

HMM, could this be the reason for the recent letter asking for paralegals and lawyers? Because they KNOW they will eventually be compelled to release this information to courts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit