National Public Radio (NPR) broadcasts today about JWs. Do you want to hear the secrets of what this religion has been keeping under wraps?

by AndersonsInfo 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WTBTS Lawyer's main defense is that the 1st Amendment protects their religious freedom from being placed under judicial scrutiny. Yet the Organization has no problem mandating that Elders form judicial hearings that trample on the religious rights of those who disagree with WTBTS doctrine at any given time.

Hypocrisy, much?? Perhaps our resident WTBTS defenders can chime in? I wouldn't be surprised if the plead the 5th on this issue.

DD

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Barbara & Joe. Those whose lives have in one way or another been negatively impacted by 'Mother' find it so productive, rewarding and fulfilling knowing there are good & decent folks like you fighting for their cause.

I know you've made my day!:):)

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    Thank you for all you two have done. It's great to have you as a friend. Still Totally ADD
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That's a very good report, accurate and factual, yet also hits the heart. I hope this continues to get the media exposure it deserves.

It sickens me to think of how I used to blindly follow such an unjust cult. And the WT policy is still wrong, wrong, wrong.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    "Two witness rule"

Does that also apply to the 'appointment' of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" in 1919 by Jesus and Jehovah. As far as I am aware there is no evidence or testimony to support this claim. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses even today make the claim that this occurred yet have never produced a single eye-witness.

Was it an "invisible appointment" seen only in the the mind of those that want to believe? That's not evidence.

Today Jehovah's Witnesses around the world claim that this has happened in 1919. But that is mere hearsay.

Good thing the 'Scriptural' requirement of the "two witness rule" doesn't apply to appointment of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and elders who have the responsibility of enforcing the 'Scriptural' requirement of the "two witness rule".

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail
    Thanks for sharing this. Showed it to hubby and he did read it, not much feed back though. However, maybe one day all the info will make him question his unwavering idiocy.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

That was a seriously good read. I wish every JW could read it but they won't. Maybe someone better versed in law could answer this for me, though. In the article, it said that Losch was given a subpoena but he straight up refused to appear in court. I thought a person could be held in contempt and fined/put in jail. Is this different for civil cases?

They claim to obey the law unless it conflicts with God's law in the Bible. How does appearing before court or handing over documents conflict with the bible? answer: it doesn't

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Thankful for this. I've shared it everywhere possible.

Marina

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There arguing the first amendment successfully to get away with their evil.

The Watchtower’s frequent defense – that such cases violate protections under the free exercise clause of the First Amendment – has led to the dismissal of several lawsuits. Watchtower lawyers argue that judicial questioning of the spiritual beliefs and practices of Jehovah’s Witnesses would trample the organization’s religious freedoms.

This is just sick and goes to show they really do think they and their policies are above the law. These assholes need to be arrested and throne in prison for this crap. Pure evil!!!!!!!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Barrold Bonds - Maybe someone better versed in law could answer this for me, though. In the article, it said that Losch was given a subpoena but he straight up refused to appear in court. I thought a person could be held in contempt and fined/put in jail. Is this different for civil cases?

Why take Gerrit Losch from institution where he serves as a "slave" and a prisoner of the Watchtower and stick him in another institution? Doesn't help the victim. Awarding the victim $13.5 million sends a clearer message.

See the following link for documents and info on Losch: JW LEAKS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit