A topic was started..........

by defd 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Along with garbage and ambulances other services were mentioned . You have chosen to pick two out of the many.

• police services
    • road repairs and maintenance
    • fire services
    • public transit (I doubt the all have cars) and tickets would barely cover the cost

I'm going to add a few more

• water
    • street lights
    • snow removal
    • street cleaning
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Thats the first I have heard about them having their own garbage trucks and ambulance services; why would they need such things?
    Can anyone else corroborate this?

I can't confirm it, but it's likely. They're huge, it would make sense to have their own internal services for this stuff. And while I seriously doubt they have their own landfill (oh the jokes that could come from that) they probably do pay to dump their garbage in one.

I don't see why DefD is so wrong to raise this question. It was brought up in another thread, and he's started a new thread to address it. Maybe it could've done without the personal attacks, but the spirit of the thread is reasonable, isn't it?

What I know about city planning could be written on a grain of rice, with room left over for the Lord's Prayer, so I won't comment on city services the Watchtower enjoys but doesn't pay for. I just don't have a clue.

My concern with them is that they get their tax exempt status by calling themselves a "charity", but they don't use the money for charitable works. They buy buildings, feed and house workers, and finance a publishing campaign to promote their beliefs. If I did that, I'd have to pay taxes on the whole shmeer. It's true that other churches enjoy the same tax-exempt status, but they do charitable works. (Yes, Watchtower helps out in disasters. But what percentage of their total income goes to that? Versus simply promoting their beliefs?)

Though to be quite honest about it, I don't have any info on other churches' charity activities, either. They certainly do more than the Watchtower, but how much? What percentage of their income goes back into the community in the form of charity? No clue.

This clueless post was brought to you by the numbers 7 and 4, and the letter G.

Dave

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Keep this up and there won't be too many who want to fellowship with you

Ozzie as much as Defd views might well be frustrating....werent all our views frustrating to someone else? This is a discussion board after all...it would be boring if we all thought the same wouldnt it?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    To me that is two faced.............

..... hypocritical? You're so right - they don't want to be a 'part of this World' (when it comes to contributing), but they're ok taking from it wherever they can.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I'm sure you'll get some answers Defd,

but you are the master of avoiding question!

Bryan

• gringojj
    gringojj

Since 9/11 there has been a tremendous amount of tax money that has been spent on the cleanup and rebuild effort. This benefits the people of NY including the WTS. What did they do to help out? Anything?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Gringojj - I recall reading (on the WTBTS propoganda site) that at the time of 9/11, they opened their doors and gave people glasses of water......I bet someone else will find the articla before I do....

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well defd Your at it again... I only post after you because once you see MY name you depart...You are denser than I thought You have enough info about the WT now to KNOw they are liars. But you wish to defend them over & over again I feel sorry for you

• mouthy
    mouthy

AS I said before yes they DO have their own Garbage removal. When we picketed Brooklyn one of the tenants that live in their apartments told us so

• gringojj
    gringojj

If it was city water then they it wasnt taxed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit