Would you REALLY want to be reunited with you family after the BIG NEWS?

by Gill 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gill
    Gill

Well...would you?

I've just been thinking about my family. They've treated us badly....really badly....especially on my husband's side.

Do I want to see them 'normally' again......do I? NO!

I've seen what they're really like. I've seen that I/we come after a book publishing company. I've taken insults and shunning.

They can get stuffed! I won't change my mind. What I thought I would never live through....has made me stronger and now....I can't see it in myself to forgive and forget. Everything's changed.

Life is GOOD without them. Very good.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I DA'd but my mother doesn't shun me. The only other JW in my family is my ex, and we haven't communicated at all in quite some time. Even if she saw fit to leave the org, it's difficult for me to imagine any kind of reconcilliation taking place.

W

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i would have to say...yes...i very much want to be reunited with my family. i do feel the same as you sometimes, but then i remind myself that they're doing what they think is right. i also did a horrible thing that hurt not only my family, but another family also. i've been told by my mother that they've forgiven me, but given the circumstances (me being disfellowshipped) they still can't/won't talk to me.

i'm not saying that you're wrong gill, b/c i don't know how badly your family hurt you. although judging from your post, i would have to say they hurt you real bad. everyone has to do what they feel is right or necessary and i hope you find peace w/ your choice.

luv, jojo

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Gill - you and I are similar ages (105-ish), and to be usurped by a book pubishing/magazine subscription company is somewhat unforgivable. Make allowances for our elders who have be duped though...

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

Great question. The whole shunning thing really destroys families and friends over the long-term. I used to shun a relative who left the JW's while I was still active. When I became disillusioned and left, I tried to apologize & repair the relationship, but irreparable damage had already been done. We are cordial to each other at family functions, but the warmth and love is just not the same.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hmmm, I get all of your points, but unlike them, my love is unconditional, and I would make sure to tell my father that. For us the WT is only a publishing compagny, but for them, it's the world, eternal life, happiness...of course it doesn't excuse all the harm they have done to us, we are family and nothing should come between family members.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Yes - I miss my dad terribly and would love to have a relationship with my mother as an adult - when we last had a relationship I was a child, she doesnt know me as an adult. Also I would like to know my sisters as adults - they were only children when I left.

• doogie
    doogie

i've come to realize that me and my family have nothing in common. although it would be nice to know they are free of the org for their own sake, i have a feeling i would end up not looking forward to visits and finding excuses to avoid returning their phone calls. just like a 'normal' family.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I'd say that knowing its a cult and the control it exerts by its constant propagander causes many to do unthinkable things, they are brain washed into this and if they ever broke free would have to re acess all their actions whilst under this influence. Having said that it would be hard to rebuild broken relationships after the event...but, this could be an area where the WTS no longer controlled any of us, breaking free from it completely - reuniting that which has become broken by it. It could also be a common ground that we can get to know this family again.

Arnie

• skyman
    skyman

Lets hope the News is that big. If it is you bet I'll be the first to go and help my brother and others. I will not act boostful not helpful. I doubt what ever the NEws is that the BORG members will see it like us that have our eyes open will. They did not quit in 1975 and over the NGO's. So we should not think that people like this have logical brains,.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit