Are you still an item of interest to the JW's?

by Honesty 28 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Yes and no. Some talk to me; others not. Usually the same ones who did and didn't when I was an active JW. I'm a friendly person and I don't shun JWs (except for my family but even then I can fake it). I'm a woman, you know, we don't count for much unless we start talking about the "wrong" things.

Gotta get those guys back in; many congregations are short on brothers, either elders or MS, hey, some elders even have to run the mikes things are so bad in some.

Blondie

• Legolas
    Legolas

LOL...I think I still have a territory card!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't think I was ever an item of interest to them, even when I was in. No one has called on the house in the 2 years I've been here, so I assume they marked me down as a "do not call".

W

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I have no idea whether the local cong. is aware of my existence or not. They may be, because I have spoken at local churches about JWs and taught extensively at the church I belong to. Some of the people who sat in my classes have later encountered JWs and given them a run for their money. And I certainly haven't made any secret of who or where I am. But I was never a JW in this area, so am not known personally to anyone in the local cong.

A couple of years ago, two young JW men came to the house and placed a set of magazines with me. I was busy and out of sorts at the time, so rather than ask disturbing questions right then, I let them make a textbook, service-meeting style placement, figuring I'd get them when they came back. They never did. I don't know whether that means that I'm a "do-not-call" and they just came to the house by accident, then realized their error and didn't return for that reason, or if they just don't care whether they are found bloodguilty for not helping a "newly interested person" to see the Troof.

Either way, I don't see or hear much from the local JWs around here. But then, my wife says they never came around much even before she married me - she had lived in this town for 10 years before we were married, and says she never had a JW call at her door all that time, though once or twice she found a piece of literature stuffed into the door. So, based on the information I have, I think the congregation here is just pretty laid-back and negligent about the field service.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm not sure!

I don't even know if the local congregation knows who I am.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I see one elder and wife in the local super market at times and we exchange looks at one another, me thinking I never liked you, and them thinking the same no doubt! No calls at my home though - I thought they were supposed to call you once a year or something?

Arnie

• Gill
    Gill

They never call here. They mostly ignore us in the street.

Even our bleeding window cleaner ignores us in the street, (he's a dub) but he's happy enough to come and clean the windows. Doesn't say 'hello' though....just asks for his money.

• forsharry
    forsharry

Probably not. I'm not anywhere near the congregation I used to go to (like the other end of the country to be exact.) And since the move I've only seen the witnesses once. (they came to my inlaws house when I was visiting. I didn't answer the door. But my father-in-law did and boy did he chew them out over their treatment of fellow members - he knew about my 'pain.') I've been in my townhouse now for almost three years and haven't seen hide-nor-hair of the witnoid ilk. And I'm happy with that. I honestly have no idea what I would say to them if they came to my door.

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

Not at all! They only harrassed me the 1st year after my departure. I still live in the same place and now even my JW aunt is living in the building and attending the congregation I used to go to. She sends messages every now & then that Sister So-and-So said hi, but that's about it.

No "shepherding calls", no "pre-memorial visits", nada. Yet they haven't officially kicked me out yet.

What's funny is my aunt knows I fornicate, smoke, etc. yet still talks to me. It's like they don't shun you until you get the "official" heave-ho from the society.

• skyman
    skyman

Yes because the congregation (NOT THE ELDERS) like me. The other Elders would get jelous that the brothers and sisters would tolk to me and not them. I never once reveiled a conversation that I was told it to in c onfidence. Once the P.O. brought me before the C.O. trying to make me tell him what a sister had said to me about the P.O. and I still would not tell him and the C.O. said Br. Skyman this is why the congregation trusts you so much then said, I wish there were more like you then we would have less troubles.

Yes I am still on the Elders radar but as for the congregation only a few still shun me and I can count them on one hand. Its my brother and his family that shun me. He was my best friend and his boy's were as if they were my son's. This hurts so bad I can't hardly stnd it. At first allmost all shunned me but most now know the U.N. thing is true so admire my stand wishing they had the strength to do the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit