Received a letter from an Elder

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

No, I won't be going back to the hall for the next 200 full moons in order to meditate on the verse he showed me.

For those who don't know, this elder knocked on my door last March to invite me to the memorial, and I stupidly accepted, and then he came over with an other elder after that and offered a bible study and stupidly I accepted

Then in July after studying half the book with that elder, he went on a trip (vacation), so I decided it was time to stop that study and never showed up again and never answered his phone calls.

I rather NOT come in contact with him. I know my weakness....

• Scully
    Scully
    2 Consequently he went out before A´sa and said to him: “Hear me, O A´sa and all Judah and Benjamin! Jehovah is with YOU as long as YOU prove to be with him; and if YOU search for him, he will let himself be found by YOU , but if YOU leave him he will leave YOU.

That could also apply to the Organization as a whole, right? That's the reason why Jehovah devoted the nation of Israel to destruction in the past... why would the JWs assume that He would act differently today?

• JAVA
    JAVA

I'm sure this elder, and the Tower just loves you to death, Rat :)

• JH
    JH

I don't know why they would love me.

I'm totally unproductive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just think that this elder wants me to come back before the overseer asks him, how come I escaped his study....

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I rather NOT come in contact with him. I know my weakness....

Strength comes from knowing ones own weaknesses.

I'm totally unproductive !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah but you will serve their purposes JH...you will be another Bible study which will help him reach his quota of hours and studies for the month.

DB74

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd leave a note in his mailbox.

Glad to hear you are back from vacation. I hope you had a restful break from your labours. While you were gone, I earnestly sought out God in prayer, and He answered. I have never been happier, and I no longer see the need for your bible studies to have a rich spiritual life. Thank you again for your time. Here's a verse for you,

John 4:34 (NIV) "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 35A If you go off on vacation and leave your study to his own devices, he may not need you any more. 36 Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    John 4:34 (NIV) "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 35A If you go off on vacation and leave your study to his own devices, he may not need you any more. 36 Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.

LOL @ Jgnat!

Sometimes the best words are left to scripture!

DB74

• metatron
    metatron

Here's your answer:

The scripture you quoted certainly applies to the whole organization today, doesn't it? The Society has eliminated subscriptions

to the magazines, food service at assemblies, most hard bound books, and recently, reduced the distribution of the Awake.

In addition, the organization has lost growth in most of the world, actually declining in some areas. Japan alone has lost

over 500 congregations since 1996 ( see Yearbooks since then).

Brother, why do you feel that Jehovah is withdrawing from this organization?

metatron

• blondie
    blondie

Leaving the WTS = Leaving God???????????????

Is God with organizations only or with individuals?

What about Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham...what organization were they part of?

http://www.brci.org/Attachments/Org.pdf

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Hey there Rat-

Glad to hear you made it back home safe and sound. It was sure nice visiting with you on Sunday.

How ironic that this elder sent you a letter...since we all were just talking about him on Sunday. We too have received several letters from "friends" in the hall since leaving. Many have seemed genuine, and it's hard not to want to reply and at least acknowledge them. We tried that, just sending a short note back, but that seemed to just encourage them more. Giving them hope we may return to the hall someday. I feel that these "friends" should just be writing or calling because they are TRUE friends and really care about you as a person. Not just because they want you to come back to meetings.

It's a hard call what to do.....but you'll know in your heart what is right for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit