Are Jehovah's Witnesses parasites?

by moshe 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seven006
    seven006

JW’s are not parasites. They are just gullible and trusting. They are taken in by a smile and a promise. They are no different than anyone with passion for what they believe and unable to see the forest through the forest fire. They have learned to accept what has been redefined to them as truth and frightened to death to think otherwise.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower in the USA should be made to pay taxes!

France had the right idea in taxing The Watcthower!

--VM44

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

seven 006---I can understand to a point what your saying.But when does one chose to be a self rightouess fool who can't think for themselves.Also,there are many ways to see the forest from the trees,internet,there own literature and known examples of trouple and hurt theyve caused,I do thinkl its not so much the gullible people,its the people who program to think like that----but at what point do you hold YOURSELF responsible for yourself amd your family.Is it 25 years of "happiness" only to realize you got dupedand hurt everyone around you because you were to ignorant to look at the facts.,like my family.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't see individual Witnesses as parasites. Unless they have bought in to the idea, young, that they can coast on their careers because "armageddon is around the corner". These poor souls will reap their own reward; we all get old.

I see the organization as parasitic, because it depends on a fairly advanced civilization with an infrastructure, roads, printing presses, and a benevolent government to spread their message.

Face it, they say big nasties about any large institution that comes in their sights, including their own government that upholds their right to say so. But they are allowed to in a free country. The WTBTS could not have formed and survived, say, in the middle ages.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm taking this little discussion into it's own thread

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    I see the organization as parasitic, because it depends on a fairly advanced civilization with an infrastructure, roads, printing presses, and a benevolent government to spread their message

I for one understand the clear difference between the sincere rank and file JW doing their hardest to fulfill the demands they have been duped into believing is Gods desire for their lives. Then there are "The Others". I met some truly mean hateful self righteous insincere people in the org. Ane who knows the real truth about what goes on and what is said behind Bethel's closed doors.

• aniron
    aniron

defd wrote

Carla you have no IDEA what the WTBTS does.

Maybe defd would to give some examples of what the WTBS does, besides print books.

Can you tell us where they feed the poor? Where do they have soup kitchens to feed the homeless?

What shelters do they provide for the homeless? What clothing do they provide for the poor and homeless?

How many homes do they run for the elderly?

How many clinics or hospitals do they run in Africa? How many schools have they built in Africa?

How much aid have they given to villages to help with water and farming etc?

How many times have you had the homeless in your Kingdom Hall and given them a meal?

How many young JW's have gone to under-developed countries and helped build schools and hospitals etc.

No you would rather they went to Bethel for a couple of years and slave away there, while being well fed and warm.

Try putting some of those scriptures you can boasted you know into practise.

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Luke 6:32-35

36 "Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers' hands?"

37 And he said, "The one who showed mercy toward him." Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do the same." Luke 10:36,37

• trevor
    trevor

The Watchtower Society and its members enjoy all the benefits that being a part of an organized consumer society brings. The members are employed by the system and in some cases live on social security payments. The Society utilises the most efficient literature production and transportation systems the capitalist world has developed.

Jehovah's Witnesses benefit daily from the efficient running of schools, food production and emergency services. They are at the forefront in using law courts and governmental law to support their freedom and uphold their human rights. Not only do they benefit from medical advances, but expect preferential treatment to enable operations and organ transplants without blood transfusion. Despite benefiting from the efforts of professional people, they strongly discourage their own members from pursuing higher education.

Giving to charity is discouraged. All donations are expected to go to the Society, as this is considered the most worthy cause. They quote Jesus words “You will always have the poor,” as good reason for not giving to the under-privileged. All such assistance is reserved for those in their “nation.”

They are no part of the world, in as much as they will not vote or help to organize local government. They are encouraged to avoid training for professional positions and, if possible, full-time work. In terms of receiving the benefits that come from the efforts of others who are not standing back waiting for the world system to end, so that they can inherit the world, they are very much a part of the world.

Taken from the book - Opening the Door to Jehovah's Witnesses - By Trevor Willis

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

yes they are, and always have been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit