Are Jehovah's Witnesses parasites?

by moshe 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

I sometimes felt guilty when I was a JW by taking advantage of the system and not putting anything back. Like schools- JW's want good schools for their kids but would never serve on the PTA or other school committee. Doctors- oh how they want the best medical care, but they discourage their children from getting an advanced degree to become a doctor. The only JW's who have advanced degrees were brought in from the outside. And don't forget the Red Cross- got to get my free handouts. Any other examples?

peace,

Moshe

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I view them more like viruses.

They take resources from the community (as a "charity") for the purpose of increasing their numbers... and the cycle continues...

Their "charity" work is not selfless; its sole purpose is to benefit themselves.

• Gopher
    Gopher

They are allowed to take "blood fractions" as spelled out by the WT Society writing department. However they will not donate blood. (Doesn't it take a lot of blood to create these blood fractions which help them medically?)

They will call the police when they need it, but their members are not allowed to be police officers because such officers carry firearms.

The WT Society uses the government and the legal system to protect their corporation and their rights to keep the rank and file preaching in every imaginable "avenue of service". But they demonize those governments in their literature as part of a 'wild beast'. And they prohibit their members from any community/political involvement that might help make things better.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Will take blood components, but not donate their own blood.

Will avail themselves of charities, but not reach out to others, not of their faith, to help them in physical ways: food, clothing, shelter.

Will use and abuse their relationships in the congregation for MLM marketing schemes.

The list, I'm sure, is endless.

CG

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

in free countries, free citizens can persue happiness in any way they wish and if they dont meet up to your ideal fantasies

for their lives, check your premises.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well the neighbors in Brooklyn consider them to be parasites. They live tax free so contribute nothing to the community. They are a drain on all the city's resources that are paid for through taxes. I would think other communities feel the same.

And then there is the local halls - little or no parking in the hall I went to - so they take up all the street parking leaving the people in the community to park elsewhere

I know when I was a JW there were many pioneers who were on assistance claiming to be unable to work but they could go peddle books all month

and then of course they go door to door selling their litterature and expecting people to contibute pay for it

And well the biggest parasite if the WTS itself who expects the R&F to pay for the litterature and then donate any contributions back to the society so the WTS collects twice.

Want to add in the hall mortgages? The DCs and CAs where the R&F have to pay for less and less and get less and less in return

Heck - even the books are recycled - make a few changes - remove a paragraph of two and presto 1 more copy of a copy of a copy to be bought

The WTS has this down to an art form

• undercover
    undercover
    I view them more like viruses.

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure."

Once again life imitates the Matrix...or maybe we really are in a computer program...

• jgnat
    jgnat

I swear an organization like the JW's could not have been founded before the twentieth century. They have ridden on the coattails of "religious freedom".

• defd
    defd

. They are a drain on all the city's resources that are paid for through taxes.

What do you mean by that? Can you give an example?

D.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What do you mean by that? Can you give an example?

Every single government service and resource that is funded through tax dollars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit