What's cookin' at yall's house?

by Frannie Banannie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    T-bone steak for hubby and me

WOW, MrsJones5, I'm droolin' just waitin' for my daughter to make it to the neighborhood meat market again so we can get some of those huge and luscious T-bones! Your post reminded me......thanks.

Ribeye steaks on the BBQ.... baked potatoes..... caeser salad.... Mmmmmm...

Holy Cow, GGG! That's a perfect meal!

I haven't made anything here in a couple of days now. I cooked a turkey the other day and that night I set my oven to the "self clean" mode, but something went terribly wrong and the house filled with awful black smoke. That continued for about an hour after I realized it and had already turned the oven off. We had to leave the house it was so bad and I have aired it out for days and had someone in to do the carpets but that smell is still there...Looking foreward to everything getting back to normal

Oh, noooooo, misanthropic! I hope you don't wind up havin' to steam clean the drapes, furniture & carpet and wash the walls down!

I made chocolate chip cookies today- that went with the Krispy Cream Donut I had for lunch, and the In-N-Out burger I got for the kids- not much culinary inspiration going on today. Last night was Raost Beef with potatoes, green beans & salad. Tonight is leftovers.
    I've had days like that, Caligirl. We'll prolly be doin' leftovers tomorrow nite with the spaghetti and fettucini leftovers here....that way I'll have time to devote to those Napoleons.....heheheh
    I haven't cooked anything all weekend. Tonight I might whip up a chicken enchilada pie though.

That sounds downright interesting, MissPeaches. How do you put that together?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Penne w/vodka sauce and chicken cutlets.

I totally missed this one, lonelysheep, but I'd sure like to know how to make THAT!!!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Chicken Enchilada Pie

INGREDIENTS:
    1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
    1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
    1/4 cup diced onion
    1 (8 ounce) can chili beans, drained
    6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, cut into strips
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and shredded
    4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, mix sour cream, salsa, cream of chicken soup, onion and chili beans.
    Layer the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/3 tortilla strips. Top with 1/3 chicken, 1/3 sour cream mixture and 1/3 Cheddar cheese. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
    Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Let stand about 10 minutes, or as long as you can stand it!!! You're done!

• serendipity
    serendipity

steak and salad

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

misspeaches- The turkey came out really moist and perfect and I was boasting about how great of a job I did on it and everything, but then later that night when the "incident" occured I felt like an idiot......

Oh, noooooo, misanthropic! I hope you don't wind up havin' to steam clean the drapes, furniture & carpet and wash the walls down!

Yeah, thank goodness I don't have any drapes just venetian blinds but it sure looks like I will have to wash the walls and furniture down since the smell is still there after the carpets have been steamed clean .

Caligirl, those chocolate chip cookies sound really good with a nice cold cup of milk! YUM......

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I've been makin apple pie as of late. I still can't seem to get the crust right and I refuse to get the already made crust at the store. Well...back to the drawing board or should I say Rolling Pin.

• fairchild
    fairchild

I had home baked bread with cheese for dinner. I cook for a living, so I'm not much into cooking at home at all, but I can't eat bread from the store, yuck. I always bake my own.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Last night though hubby made his famous 'Chuck Wagon Chili' and I made bread!

Yummy, Legolas! Was his chili HOT? Did you make homemade bread? ooooooooooooooo

LOL...No it wasn't hot...I don't like spicy food!

And yes the bread was homemade!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm about to put a pot-roast into the crock pot so I won't have to cook tonight! I love it when you come home and the whole house smells wonderful!

Sherry

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Chicken Enchilada Pie

MissPeaches, this dish sounds out of this world! Thank you so much for the recipe! Have you tried those Rotel tomatoes w/gr. chilis, cilantro & lime, yet? Oh, the magic they work on Mexican and Tex-Mex food!

steak and salad

Serendipity, another perfect dinner!

Yeah, thank goodness I don't have any drapes just venetian blinds but it sure looks like I will have to wash the walls and furniture down ;since the smell is still there after the carpets have been steamed clean ;

Misanthropic, I wonder what in the world was causing all that black smoke?

I've been makin apple pie as of late. I still can't seem to get the crust right and I refuse to get the already made crust at the store. Well...back to the drawing board or should I say Rolling Pin.

Apostanator, I've used my Mom's pie crust recipe for years and it always seems to turn out right. It uses 1 1/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup Crisco, 1/2 tsp. salt, 8 or 9 Tbsps. ice water & if you're making a fruit pie, 1/2 tsp. lemon zest. Hope you have bette luck with your crust!

I had home baked bread with cheese for dinner. I cook for a living, so I'm not much into cooking at home at all, but I can't eat bread from the store, yuck. I always bake my own.
    That's a lot of work, Fairchild! But I know what you mean about homemade bread. Nothing like it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit