Do you think this is for real

by skyman 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Quotes
    Quotes

Q: Do you think this is for real?

A: No.

Q: But what if it were for real?

A: Knowing that deceased friends and relatives could magically appear anytime, anywhere, and observe me would greatly and negatively impact my sexual libido. Knowing that possibly millions of dead relatives are watching? Can you say "performance anxiety!" My modesty would dictate I remain celibate forevermore. I don't think my wife would be happy with the situation.

Oh, my modesty would also dictate that I start taking showers wearing my bathing suit, although I haven't yet figured out how I'll change into my bathing suit and still preserve my dignity and privacy.

~Quotes

P.S. I know some of you will think I'm being flip, but I'm not.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Quotes:

The folks who are earth bound after death care nothing about your sexual life, or nudity or anything like that. Most spirits don't hang around anyway they move on to the other life beyond our physical realm.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Well if she knows before hand that someone is going to die, and then they die, how can it NOT be real?

What does it matter where the information is coming from. If she did all the JW stuff and that didnt stop it, then that blows their theory doesnt it. Theres nothing she can do to stop it - its not like shes doing anything to invite it, it just happens.

My nan used to make accurate predictions by reading tea leaves.I know thats different because my nan was actively making it happen, whereas your wife i just being visited with the information whether she wants it or not. We all pretended it wasnt happening, but honestly if nan made a prediction and then it came true, we could pretend all we liked, it had happened.

I guess your wife has an unwanted gift. You can either pretend its not happening, except it will keep happening anyway, or you can go with it, and try and get the best out of it. Best of luck. For those of us who dont have to live with this two edged sword, its truly fascinating.

• skyman
    skyman

She had learned to live with it. Her biggest worry was how I would react to finding out. She first started telling me what I was thinking and then would say something like isn't that weird I knew what you were thinking. Then she would answer questions I was going to ask her before I asked them. Then say wow you were going to ask that wasn't you. She slowly let me in on her secret.

My wife when we were JW's biggest fear was she would have to go to her grave without ever letting me knows the truth about this. She say's over the years she realized it was not her problem the Jw's were wrong on this ONE THING and that ONE THING only. So after realizing the BORG was wrong on allot of this, which took her some time she then had the strength to let me know. She says she saved me twice since we have been married from getting seriously hurt by knowing the future. She says I would be crippled right now if she did not have this ability

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Dearest Skyman,

You and your wife are quite normal. I will not reveal much about myself since I am not willing for this personal part to be scrutinized. Spiritually speaking your wife has the "gift of discernment" I have had to remind my husband that the facts and information I share with him are not common knowledge and he must wait to comment it on them until they have been publicaly revealed. He has gotten into trouble knowing things he was not supposed to know yet that I shared with him.

To the former elder who believes in soul sleep; read the entire book of Ecclesiastes if you want to believe that the dead know nothing. Around the 12th? chapter you will find the scripture that says the body returns to the ground and the spirit returns to God. As a JW I was taught the first part, not the second. Who knows some spirits may hang around awhile. The Israelites believed in life after death. The entire NT talks about life after death. People have died and been recesitated and told about life after death.

Relax and enjoy your beautiful spiritually sensitive wife. It's all good.

• defd
    defd

To the former elder who believes in soul sleep; read the entire book of Ecclesiastes if you want to believe that the dead know nothing. Around the 12th? chapter you will find the scripture that says the body returns to the ground and the spirit returns to God

I have read the ENTIRE book. Tell me what is this Spirit that returns to God?

D.

• skyman
    skyman

Defd let us have it. I know you will. BY the way you need to answer me why is the sin of greed worse than blood misuse

• wednesday
    wednesday

None of my relatives liked each other well enough to visit while alive, can't imagine them stopping by to say "Hi" after they are deceased.

I have had" strong feelings that were right and dreams that were correct, so I have come to fear having a dream about family, b/c it is never happy news, always bad news.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    This is probably not exactly what either of you mean, but there are sections of the brain specifically hardwired for religious/spiritual experiences.

Anything to back that up? What do you define as "religious/spiritual experiences" in this context?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Balsam:

The folks who are earth bound after death care nothing about your sexual life, or nudity or anything like that. Most spirits don't hang around anyway they move on to the other life beyond our physical realm.

How would you know? You can't actually prove they exist, let alone speculate on their interests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit