Bad Behavior in Field Service

by TallTexan 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Being raised in the 'truth', I obviously spent much of my youth in service. Of course, as we got older, my friends and I would act the fool in service as much as possible. Did anyone else do that?

We used to use the names of popular rap artists with the old farts we called on. This was back in the mid 80's, so I would be Kurtis Blow and my friends would be Mike D, or Billy Idol, or whomever we could think of. I had a friend take a leak on a door one time when the folks weren't at home. We would tip over flowerpots, trash mail, rearrange porch furniture, tell people we were Mormons, just about anything we could do to kill the time and the boredom. One time we took off the coats and ties and played a game of two on two with a couple of guys who were shooting hoops at their house. Try doing that in dress shoes. One time my best friend was standing right next to the car door giving a presentation to some dudes out in the driveway. I rolled down the window and rolled the tails of his coat up in the window. When he was about to read the scripture and said 'Here, let me show you this', he couldn't get loose to walk over to the guy.

Ah, good times sharing the good news......

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Nope never pulled anything like that or felt compelled to. I would simply rather not go, I wasnt the antagonistic type. But then again young people here were not really allowed to work together, it was under close older jdub supervision making it a lot harder to get away with anything. And when I did get to work with another youth it sucked because then I couldn't fob all the doors off on the more mature one and we were terrified we would be paired with sister or brother crusty again or that the other one would "report" us because they had an attack of conscience.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Im a bit embarrased to admit to this.

We had a pistol that shot orange plastic ball bearings and on RVs my pioneer partner would shoot it at cars when we were driving along. Twice drivers took offence and chased us, and having a pioneer bomb of a car it was impossible to out run them. One of the cars got us blocked in a dead end street and the driver pulled a real gun pulled on us. Quite a shock for someone living in Australia. Finally someone got our number plate and the police confiscated the gun.

I also had a girlfriend I used to witness with and if the front door was secluded we used to enjoy a bit of nooky.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

jwfacts, I'm apalled and impressed at the same time!

• jessthebull
    jessthebull

Thats hillarious! Oh my gosh we never did any thing like that, I remember once picking a piece of fruit off some ones tree and getting chewed out for stealing by a more "mature" sister. I felt so bad, ha ha ha

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

(I might take my picture off my posts soon.)

My girlfriend and I would make return-visits on school friends. We'd skip meeting with our studies (they were really young girls) to go to the mall and steal or smoke herb. We were naughty little things.

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Well, I never done anything too bad - I was such a good lad !! I think the worst we done was bugger off from service to check the swell and sort out our plans for the dawny surf on Sunday morning.....with a reg. pioneer. (Those pioneers knew all the tricks !!) Then we'd sit through the PT and WT tired, but stoked off ours heads. Or we'd motion across the hall to each other (there were quite a few surfers in the cong.) about where it'd be breaking the best or where the swell would be getting in for after the beeting meeting

• rebel8
    rebel8

TallTexan, Those sound like the same things a group of guys I knew here in WT NY State used to do. Do we know each other? :)

• anewme
    anewme

Sorry, I was a model witness in service.....real material for the cover of the mags!

• Legolas
    Legolas
    We used to use the names of popular rap artists with the old farts we called on. This was back in the mid 80's, so I would be Kurtis Blow and my friends would be Mike D, or Billy Idol, or whomever we could think of. I had a friend take a leak on a door one time when the folks weren't at home. We would tip over flowerpots, trash mail, rearrange porch furniture, tell people we were Mormons, just about anything we could do to kill the time and the boredom. One time we took off the coats and ties and played a game of two on two with a couple of guys who were shooting hoops at their house. Try doing that in dress shoes. One time my best friend was standing right next to the car door giving a presentation to some dudes out in the driveway. I rolled down the window and rolled the tails of his coat up in the window. When he was about to read the scripture and said 'Here, let me show you this', he couldn't get loose to walk over to the guy.

ROTFLMAO....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit