Are the experiences of unbaptised born-ins of less importance?

by mrsjones5 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

poor tikjmo he didnt mean it that way! i think its just the fact that if you ARE baptized then you CAN be disfellowshipped along with all the shunning that comes even worse whan you are dfed not just faded,

saying that tho from some of the posts ive read it seems like some peoples familys shun them even when they are just faded!

so i say what i said on my post, that i think it depends on your family, some dfed peoples jw familys actually do have contact with them while some who have just faded dont!

but to each and everyone of us our own experience is probably 'the worst one' and yes people who are brought up in it whether baptised or not have all been through the same problems, but depending on the family and friends we all have makes it hard or easier! (imo)

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Avi....LOL.....trouble maker.

My point was to show that in the "lie" we were all abused. Some sexually, some mentally, some emotionally, some physically. Trying to say one group had less damage inflicted seems as silly as the complaints between slaves. It's repugnant. We all suffered abuse at the hands of the WTBS. We were all slaves.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe he didnt, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I think it makes a good topic. Many times I have been asked "why dont you just get over it" by jws and exjws and like Lady said all associated with the jws (baptised or unbaptise) are scarred in some unique way.

Josie

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I will just answer the question with our family experience.

My husband has 5 sisters. All raised as JW's. Some are dunked and some are not. My SIL's that didn't do the dunk have had children while unmarried, smoke, participate in holidays and live with men. My MIL and her friends go around them and treat them like they are not doing anything wrong.

My husband and his sisters that are dunked - when they have made a mistake were treated like sh*t on the bottom of your shoes because they had been dunked and should know better and follow Jehovahs laws. Not even a meal was eaten with them.

When my husband and I lived together before being married my MIL wouldn't come over to our house because we were sinning against Jehovah..

Hubby's sister that had 3 children all while unmarried with different men and was shacking up again was treated quite well and MIL took care of her kids, and went over to their Den of Sin...because this sister didn't know any better because she wasn't dunked..

Double standards - even though they all grew up in the same house and learned the same stuff.

Chrystal aka Why Georgia

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    like Lady said all associated with the jws (baptised or unbaptise) are scarred in some unique way.

Yup, so true.

"Spiritual abuse" was missed off of the list. Just like some individuals are put off of sex because of sexual abuse, a similar spiritual-phenomena is present in many exJWs - quite understandably!

• IronGland
    IronGland

My opinion. Those born into it had no choice. Those who converted as adults are just kinda stupid and probably would have fallen for some type of scam anyway.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    My opinion. Those born into it had no choice. Those who converted as adults are just kinda stupid and probably would have fallen for some type of scam anyway.

I differ here in that I have seen some quite intelligent people be drawn into becoming JW's...intelligent people are just as susceptible to the JW mindcontrol as are those with less intelligence; I think it just depends on the state of mind at the time, these ones find their own intelligence being replaced in some way by the JW mindset and then its almost as though the freestanding cognitive ability of a person is locked away somewhere shrouded by the JW doctrinal and mind control system. To describe them as stupid in my opinion is a little unkind to say the least... DB74

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

IronGland.....LOL!!!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    but to each and everyone of us our own experience is probably 'the worst one' and yes people who are brought up in it whether baptised or not have all been through the same problems, but depending on the family and friends we all have makes it hard or easier! (imo)

Completely in agreement with that.

DB74

• IronGland
    IronGland
    intelligent people are just as susceptible to the JW mindcontrol as are those with less intelligence;

Heh, I think the mind control happens after you're in. When I read your post, I got the image of a JW sith lord using the dark side of the force to enslave the weak minded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit