Another Prank :)>

by Nate Merit 27 Replies latest social humour

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Sherry/Gretchen

Yep. Twisted is my middle name. I 'spect to be screwed into the ground some day.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Evan

I read your response a couple times, confused as to why you'd refer to my pal Mark as my "mate." I thought, does Evan think we're a gay couple? Then I saw that you're from Oz and I finally understood.

Mark was disfellowshipped because he wrote a booklet titled "Fire The Clergy!" in which he conclusively demonstrates there is no biblical basis for having paid clergy. He refused to recant so he was shunned. Unlike yours truly, Mark's childhood and teen years were very normal, lacking in crime and drugs and whatnot. It took meeting me to make him barmy.

Nate

• skyman
    skyman

Do it again, Do it again.

Please!!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Nate

That is quite funny. Didn't know the C of C disfellowshipped people too.

You should have done it with a JW elder - but then he wouldn't bother going out to help someone in the middle of the night.

Jeff

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Awesome! Though, if you've never been in jail its a miracle.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Nate - great pranks!

My mothers best friend was kicked out of the COC for going to the police when her husband was molesting her daughter. The Elders wanted it handled within the church so as to not bring a bad name to the church.

My mother, me and 6 other families left in support of her actions too. My uncle and aunt are still in.

WG

• rocky220
    rocky220

I enjoyed that!!!!! I wish i was that devious.....!

rocky220

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Nate: A "mate" to an Aussie means good buddy....

You are one mahvolously sick schmuck! I love it!

Hugs

B

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Skyman!

I like your Jimmy Carter Jack O' Lantern.

Let's see how this prank goes over with the Thought Police before I post any more.

Thanks for dropping by.

Nate

"Nate, you think too much." - Father Peter Staviski

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi AK Jeff

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yes, the Church of Christ shuns people, but with a big difference. Since each congregation is independent and self-governing, it's up to each congregation to decide whether to recognize and "honor" the shunning. Plus, the glad tidings are spread solely by word of mouth, so one doesn't have to travel very far to find a C of C where one's shunning is unknown.

Nate

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit