God's Organization.

by Blueblades 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It is evident that the only way any organization could be God's organization would be if God appointed it as such. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Watchtower Society received that appointment in the spring of 1919 in fulfillment of the most important Scripture in Watchtower theology---Matthew 24:45-47.

On the Watchtower's official website under the heading, 'What Jehovah's Witnesses Believe" they list forty of their teachings. But their most important teaching, the only teaching that needs to be known------"The Watchtower Society is God's organization"---is not mentioned.

This from,"Captives of a Concept" page17. by Don Cameron.

My question is, why does.n't the Watchtower Society have this teaching listed and supported by Scripture?

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

The same reason they don't tell the truth about who will survive Armageddon. The fish won't take the bait if they did.

w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history

• TopHat
    TopHat
    *** w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history

Most Christian and non Christian religious organizations believe they are the one and only way, which is why I do not put my hope in any man-made religious organization.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Top Hat, actually very few Christian and nonChristian groups hold a doctrine of exclusivism. Most religious believers feel they have some sort of 'special' relationship with a god but not that they alone have a relationship with the god. There is a vast difference in the resulting view of nonmembers.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

they are politicians... i truly believe that all "religions" are full of people trying to convince people to convert, or in retrospect, VOTE for them... the more that vote for them, the more powerful the man on top becomes... so they all try to use the sweetest scents and the nicest looking flowers to attract the most busy bees... its ridiculous... like i didnt have enough politicians in my life.. do i reallu need some to govern my mind, and not only the body and society??? NOPE!!!

the infamous one

• skyman
    skyman

They don't want new ones tipped off to this Idea before it is to late to do anything about the lie.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's a smart move. The WTBTS knows it has to put the fear of Gawd in a Bible Study first and then they are pliable and willing to accept almost any teaching in order not get their life snuffed out forever by the hateful WT god.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

they are politicians... i truly believe that all "religions" are full of people trying to convince people to convert, or in retrospect, VOTE for them... the more that vote for them, the more powerful the man on top becomes... so they all try to use the sweetest scents and the nicest looking flowers to attract the most busy bees... its ridiculous... like i didnt have enough politicians in my life.. do i reallu need some to govern my mind, and not only the body and society??? NOPE!!!

the infamous one

I couldn't have said it better myself.

• gumby
    gumby

Maybe they do it for the same reason that liberal christians do not tell new converts right off the bat......

" Jesus loves you, but if you don't believe in him, follow his steps, and put faith in him that he is your only hope, you'll suffer eternal damnation." They tell of the good stuff first.

Gumby

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

They say Jesus picked them in 1919. Of course, they didn't say that until the 1930s when a lot of people had already romanticized the thrilling years of WWI and the imprisonment of the society bigwigs, but that's beside the point.

How many Witnesses genuinely believe Jesus would pick this organization if he were to examine it today? If they believe he would, on what basis would he do so?

Mormons beat JWs at preaching and conversions. More conversions for fewer hours spent preaching makes JWs look silly and ineffective. So, they don't remain neutral in politics? Neither did the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Jesus conversed with Pharisees that were disfellowshipping anyone that confessed Jesus as the Christ. Jesus actively sought out one man who was disfellowshipped by the organization of his day. Did Jesus submit to the authority of the human organizational structure? Would he require of us something that he did not do?

And finally, if the Spirit can make stones speak without an earthly organization, how is it the Spirit cannot make people speak without an earthly organization?

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit