Ridiculous "Revelation Climax" Book interpretations

by Black Man 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    any one thyat does a littke research on abaddon will clearly see ABADDON IS SATAN. JOHN

7And the likenesses of the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; and upon their heads [were] what seemed to be crowns like gold, and their faces [were] as men’s faces, 8 but they had hair as women’s hair. And their teeth were as those of lions; 9 and they had breastplates like iron breastplates. And the sound of their wings [was] as the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle. 10 Also, they have tails and stings like scorpions; and in their tails is their authority to hurt the men five months. 11 They have over them a king, the angel of the abyss. In Hebrew his name is A·bad´don, but in Greek he has the name A·pol´lyon. (Reelation 9:7-11)

So, the locusts are the kingdom proclaimers, and Satan is King over them??... now i can understand why they changed Abaddon from Satan to Jesus.

• startingover
    startingover

Anyone ever read of Charles Manson's interpretations of Rev. 9? When I first read about it years ago I remember thinking he was way out there. But now reading this thread about the "Climax" book and comparing it to Manson's interpretations, he doesn't seem near as strange.

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/manson/mansonrevelation.html

• M.J.
    M.J.

My favorite:

*** re chap. 25 pp. 167-168 Reviving the Two Witnesses ***

21 From 1914 to 1918 the nations were occupied with the first world war. Nationalistic feelings ran high, and in the spring of 1918, the religious enemies of the two witnesses took advantage of the situation. They maneuvered the State’s legal apparatus so that responsible ministers of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society were imprisoned on false charges of sedition. Faithful coworkers were stunned. Kingdom activity almost ceased. It was as though the preaching work were dead. In Bible times it was a terrible indignity not to be interred in a memorial tomb. (Psalm 79:1-3; 1 Kings 13:21, 22) Therefore, great reproach would attach to leaving the two witnesses unburied. In the hot Palestinian climate, a corpse in the open street would really start to smell after three and a half literal days. (Compare John 11:39.) This detail in the prophecy thus indicates the shame that the two witnesses had to endure. Those mentioned above who were imprisoned were even denied bail while their cases were on appeal. They were exposed publicly long enough to become a stench to the inhabitants of "the great city." But what was this "great city"?

DENIED BAIL!!!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The interpretation that these prophecies were fulfilled by things that happened to JWs that were just incredibly obscure - their trials in 1918-19, the conventions of the 20s and 30s, convention resolutions during those years that were such complete non-events. NO ONE took note of those resolutions - but they supposedly shook up the earth?? My god...

S4

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was like a real faithful dub sister, but I remember thinking, "Come on, where do they come up with this stuff? They aren't inspired afterall."

• observador
    observador

When I remember this book I feel like laughing. Even when I was a die hard jdub, I thought the interpretations were a bit too much...
    Now imagine doing that type of stretch for the entire book of Revelation... oh boy... holy crap!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I have my copy of this book and it's underlined in places, but I have no recollection of studying it. Maybe I totally dismissed it as a fairytale?

• Jez
    Jez

I ALWAYS had issue with this book and during book studies, I use to have tons of outside research compiled to use for my comments, it was not appreciated. One time the whole study stopped because I just HAD to ask a question, and how the numbers didn't add up, how they figured this out or that, I use to put my hand up and ask questions. Anyways, the conductor was stumped, put the question out to the audience, and no one could answer it, ppl tried, but the more they tried, the more it became obvious that there was no answer. "I'll get back to you on that when I do some research." It always bugged me that I was better prepared than the conductor. He stopped calling on me, so I stopped attending the book study until that book was finished. This book should not be regurgitated, it should be UNDERSTOOD, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't.

My nonJW husband took the Climax book and read it. He was just shaking his head throughout saying, WTF? HOW did they come up with that? He would laugh right out loud all of a sudden and couldn't stop at some of the 'stretches'. He said that there is no doubt that John was smokin some pretty powerful stuff when he wrote this.

Jez

• aniron
    aniron
    Before the present generation of spiritual locusts lives out its life span, its divinely ordained work of declaring Jehovah’s judgments will be completed—to the hurt of all stiff-necked blasphemers.

Well they certainly changed that a few years later.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    My nonJW husband took the Climax book and read it. He was just shaking his head throughout saying, WTF? HOW did they come up with that?

It all sounded so egotistical, too for them to apply so much of it to themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit