Ridiculous "Revelation Climax" Book interpretations

by Black Man 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I dig the artwork/ Specially the subliminal bits, for instance, the evil looking claw holding the sceptor that is meant to be the left arm and hand of the dude third from the left with the white robe, page 52; and the ugly little pug face in the palm of Jesus extended right hand on page 158.

cool!

• M.J.
    M.J.
    I was like a real faithful dub sister, but I remember thinking, "Come on, where do they come up with this stuff? They aren't inspired afterall."

Fyinghighnow, would you say this was what started you down the slippery slope of doubt? I'm thinking this book can lead people out of the WTS! Here's a good rule of thumb, y'all. Be wary of any book whose main goal is to demonstrate how the author is special.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    One time the whole study stopped because I just HAD to ask a question, and how the numbers didn't add up, how they figured this out or that, I use to put my hand up and ask questions. Anyways, the conductor was stumped, put the question out to the audience, and no one could answer it, ppl tried, but the more they tried, the more it became obvious that there was no answer. "I'll get back to you on that when I do some research." It always bugged me that I was better prepared than the conductor. He stopped calling on me, so I stopped attending the book study until that book was finished. This book should not be regurgitated, it should be UNDERSTOOD, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't.

Something has just struck a chord with me Jez....if you attend university seminars or tutorials my lecturers were usually extremely well prepared because they knew at least a few of us would be asking questions and pumping them for information. The only preparation the elders would do is the same as everyone else had...why I wonder?

Because we werent supposed to question...just accept.

DB74

• forsharry
    forsharry
    but I have no recollection of studying it.

true, true.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Yep,i reckon the Apostle John smoked some good bottle gourd shit when he wrote that nonsense.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I was like a real faithful dub sister, but I remember thinking, "Come on, where do they come up with this stuff? They aren't inspired afterall."
    Fyinghighnow, would you say this was what started you down the slippery slope of doubt? I'm thinking this book can lead people out of the WTS! Here's a good rule of thumb, y'all. Be wary of any book whose main goal is to demonstrate how the author is special.

It was certainly one thing on the list of doubts. I mean, I thought the same thing about that green Daniel book and a lot of the Watchtower lessons, the "DEEP' ones.

I really like that rule of thumb. I'll have to remember that one. Thank you.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

There are many interpretations in the book that are far fetched and self centered, I simply can't choose a favorite. How about "These seven congregations represent a modern day circut". Thats a good one.

I might add though that in understanding a more balanced view of Revelation I have enjoyed the Albert Barnes commentary. One interesting observation is that he interprets the 144,000 as faithful christians who are selected from ALL the differant denominations of christianity, basically those who really follow Christ in their life course.

• Buster
    Buster

The lunacy in the Climax book is important. For one, it is a contiuation of the drivel they had been teaching for most of the 20th century. Some here will remember that going through the Babylon, published in '63, book during the '70's. It teaches the same crap. But that religion has always claimed it had all the answers, so they have to have answers for that LSD trip called Revelation.

Of course it is ridiculous, and any outsider would see it for the self-centered, self-congratulations it is. But why is it important?

It is important because of the content of those conventions that are the prophesied trumpet blasts. Each of those conventions had a key message. Most (all?) of those key messages are replaced by new light. Those key messages were wrong. Those key messages were false prophecy.

Example: One of those conventions was the 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die' convention. That was back when they believed that the end was coming in 1925. Of course this teaching has been replaced by New Light.

The problem for the dutiful dubbie is that they have tied themselves to the old false propehcy by claiming it was fulfillment of a biblical prophecy. That is to say, they still claim that Joe Hoba fulfills biblical prophecy by delivering false prophecy. They cannot use the "New Light" claim to separate themselves from this one.

There is no way around that.

- Cliff

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Yep,i reckon the Apostle John smoked some good bottle gourd shit when he wrote that nonsense.

I don't know about that. I think the mistake is on OUR part! We ASSUME that this is intended to be prophetic! The question becomes, is it? If you look at this not as prophecy but as a coded message written to the congregations by a prisoner, a prisoner who KNEW that his writings were being read and couldn't come right out and SAY what he intended. Then this starts to make a lot more sense! Unfortunately it's like the JFK assassination or the Bermuda triangle, reality is so much LESS FUN than fantasy!

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

Man! The memories! That book was touted by the elders as being "real deep" (yeah...deep in bulldookie!)

The first time I got a "Don't go there" look from an Elder was when I approached the brother conducting the study with some questions about about the interpretations given. I'll never forget the look on his face and I never got past the first question!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit