What is on your 'current' reading list?

by AK - Jeff 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Irvine Welsh Trainspotting - too hard for this Merry Can to understand the transliterated Scot-English

Isaiah Berlin Against the Current - bought used off of Amazon, thought it would be interesting, but really it's way over my head

Clifford A. Pickover The Paradox of God and the Science of Omniscience - Some interesting thought experiments

Harold Morowitz The Emergence of Everything - Haven't started

Lynne Truss Eats, Shoots, and Leaves - I've heard it's very funny

Margaret Atwood The Blind Assassin - I loved The Handmaid's Tale so I thought I'd read another Atwood novel

William Hewitt Self Hypnosis - I'm on my third tobacco-free day thanks to it

Larry Gonick The Cartoon History of the Universe volumes 1-7 - very funny and educational

Ernst Mayr What Evolution Is - informative, albeit somewhat dry

I sign out lots of books from the library that never get read as I have a hard time staying awake and keeping my attention focused.

• anewme
    anewme

I am currently reading one of many books I found on "How to Write Novels"
    I got it at the library. I'd feel pretty stupid if I bought this book.
    Like all the books I've read on How to Make Money or How to be A Millionaire.
    Yeah right.
    I think I have 3 dollars in my wallet today.

Anyway, I've got this great opportunity I thought: a remote cabin in the woods
    a great computer
    no distractions
    oodles of time on my hands

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

dorayakii....It's totally reading for pleasure. Daniel is just such a fascinating book, and there's always something new to discover about it. I've learned loads of neat cool stuff about it just in the past few days.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

ohhhhh.... Watership Down is awesome.....

I read it again every couple of years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit