What is on your 'current' reading list?

by AK - Jeff 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Special K
    Special K

I just finished reading

The Red Tent by Ania Dianmant

It's a story told in Dinah's voice and begins with the story of her mothers ..Leah, Rachel, Zilpah, and Bilhah..the four wives of Jacob.

I absolutely loved the book and it gave me an inside track on what it would have been like for women in that biblical of times.

Actually I found it quite fascinating.

Special K

last month I read two.

Pay it Forward..(which they made a movie from)

and one by Maeve Binchy..can't remember the name of that one.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

The Rise and Fall of Practically Everybody, by Bill Coopie. (A rare and delightful find)

A Renewal for Christianity

Thats it for now.

Nate

• defd
    defd

Bible

WT and Awake for this month.

The funnies.

News paper

Defd D.

• Confession
    Confession

Just finished...

The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger

The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway

(Trying to read a few classics the WTS always taught me was a waste of time.)

Right now...

Deception Point - Dan Brown

Start Late, Finish Rich - David Bach

(Am taking a small brief break from books about JWs.)

• Mulan
    Mulan
    A Breath of Snow and Ashes - it is the 6th installment in a series by Diana Gabaldon.

We have that, but Dave gets to read it first. It was a birthday present to him from Princess. Our whole family is reading those books.

Currently I am reading Predator, by Patricia Cornwell. (the latest Kay Scarpetta novel)

Next: The Five People you Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom (I have an autographed copy, a gift from Esmerelda/Fleur); already packed in my suitcase are two books that two of my kids gave me for our trip to Hawaii next week. One is about Anne Boleyn's sister, Mary Boleyn, called The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory, and the other is a sci-fi book our eldest son gave me. I don't normally read science fiction but he was very excited for me to read this one, and bought it for me especially so it must be good. I can't tell you the title because it's packed in the bedroom and Dave is asleep.

I just finished reading The Red Tent ; ; by Ania Dianmant
    I read that a couple of years ago. I really, really enjoyed it.
  • Satanus
    Satanus
    Bible

WT and Awake for this month.

The funnies.

News paper

Trashy stuff.

S

• defd
    defd

everyone is entitled to thier own opinion.

D.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Now, i can see why you have a need to read this board, it provides a balance to that.

S

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Just finished:

What Just Happened by James Gleick
    Neutron Star by Larry Niven

Currently reading:

Consilience: The Unity of Knowledge by Edward O. Wilson
    Driving Mr. Albert: A Trip Across America with Einstein's Brain by Michael Paterniti
    Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
    Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich: Sectarian Politics Under Persecution by M. James Penton
    The Rights of Man by Thomas Paine

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

Love this thread as I am an avid reader - I own lots and lots and lots of books!

My list of books I want to buy/get for Christmas/read are:

A Breath of Fire and Ice by Diana Gabaldon (Love this series - have all the other books)

A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin (The best fantasy series I've read in a long time, better than Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series even and I love those books too!)

Chanel And Her World by Edmonde Charles-Roux (Biography of Coco Chanel)

Books On Nightstand Right Now:

Louisa May Alcott's Christmas Collection (Group of short Christmas themed stories by the author of Little Women)

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

The Favoured Child by Philippa Gregory

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit