What is on your 'current' reading list?

by AK - Jeff 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)

beautiful book... :)

right now, i am reading Clan of the Cave Bear.

TS

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hmm,,, so many unread and so little timee....

I'm actually re-reading a book I brought home from Israel titled "Muhammed and the Course of Islam" by Baluzy. Just purchased the "sequel" on "Shiite Islam" so I wanted to go back and refresh by reading the first one before reading the sequel.

On a lighter note, I've been reading "Salmon Without Rivers" by Lichtatowich. It is a masterful recitation of the environmental damage done to the Columbia River Basin from the time Europeans arrived and began farming right down to the damming of the river for hydro power and barge transport.

carmel

• daystar
    daystar

shelf (both at home and at office, variously)

• 777 - Aleister Crowley
    • The Middle Pillar - Israel Regardie
    • The Book of Mormon
    • Character: How to Strengthen It - D. Starke
    • The Richest Man in Babylon - George S. Clason
    • The Way of Myth - Joseph Campbell
    • Mystical Qabalah - Dion Fortune

to name a few, from memory. But they've all been read or are used for general reference (those above and others).

I've got tons more in boxes. I have almost every book written by Michael Moorcock and Stephen King. In addition:

• Magick in Theory And Practice - Aleister Crowley
    • Modern Magick : Eleven Lessons in the High Magickal Arts' - Don Michael Kraig
    • The Kybalion - Three Initiates
    • The Complete Works of Shakespeare
    • The Tao of Pooh - Benjamin Hoff
    • The Te of Piglet - Benjamin Hoff
    • The Golden Dawn - Israel Regardie
    • Man and His Symbols - C.G. Jung
    • Psychology and the Occult - C.G. Jung
    • The Elegant Universe - Brian Greene
    • The Physics of Consciousness: The Quantum Mind and the Meaning of Life - Evan Harris Walker, Ph.D.
    • Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein
    • I Will Fear No Evil - Robert A. Heinlein
    • Childhood's End - Arthur C. Clarke

Oh, why go on?

• Cori
    Cori

Bedside:

At first Sight

Moby Dick (i picked up a copy since I have never read it)

The Ezekiel Option

Deskside:

Immoral

The Watchers

Combatting Cult Mind Control

Crisis of Conscience (second time through, going through all of the references)

In my bag:

The Ambler Warning

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

In the last week, I've finished The Half Blood Prince, and The Colorado Kid (by Steven King - one of his very few disappointments). Currently, I'm reading The Fourth Hand by John Irving.

I'm in Harry Potter withdrawal at the moment.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

BEDSIDE LIST

Combating Cult Mind Control, Stephen Hassan

Conviction, Richard North Patterson

IT, Stephen King

Crisis of Conscience, Raymond Franz

ON MY DESK IN THE STUDY LIST

The Child and the European Convention on Human Rights, Usula Kilkenny

Principles of Family Law, Stephen Cretney

Employment Law Handbook, Peter Wallington QC

Employment Tribunal Procedure, Jeremy McMullen QC

Discrimination Law Handbook, Camilla Palmer

ON SHELF LIST

Yeah right...as if I could remember!

• nilfun
    nilfun

Just finished reading The Search for Omm Sety: A Story of Eternal Love.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Mystical Christianity

Written 100 yrs ago the writer actually responds to the common belief amongst xtians of the time of physical resurrection plus much more.e.g. Why jesus was sent to Egypt and what he did in the missing years.

He certainly make smuch more sense than wtbts

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey Caligirl, Will PM you latter. J&V going through a very bad time. Great topic. Let's see: Just finished Until I Find You by John Irving (can anyone say 'hold my penis while we watch this movie?'), Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdian, Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen and David Budbill's While We've Still Got Feet. (Budbill is a friend.) On the night stand or in my backpack are 16 books and about 35 copies of articles. I won't bore you with all the details, but a few highlights: The Best of Edward Abbey A Brief History of Everything by Ken Wilber The Essence of Alan Watts This Is It by Alan Watts Papa Hemingway by AE Hotchner Henry Miller, A Life by Robert Ferguson Big Sky Mind, Buddhism and the Beat Generation by Carole Tonkinson, ed. The Birth of the Beat Generation by Steven Watson The Raw and the Cooked by Jim Harrison Bluesman by Andre Dubus III Lori has just finished Dubus' House of Sand and Fog, is reading Kanye Gibbons' A Virtuous Woman, and just tore through about a dozen novels by Ursula Hegi, Margaret Atwood and Mary McGarry Morris. Then keeps me up til all hours while we discuss them! So many books, so little time. S4

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I've got quite a few on-the-go at the moment...

Factual:

The Unfolding of Language - by Guy Deutscher (just finished... it was excellent, its quite a large book, but i read it in 3 days)

More Matrix and Philosophy - by William Irwin

Fiction:

Vernon God Little - by DBC Pierre

Northern Lights (His Dark Materials book 1) - by Philip Pullman

Small Island - by Andrea Levy

The Canterbury Tales - by Geoffrey Chaucer

Et si c'etait vrai - by Marc Levy (French)

Akane-chan no namidano umi - by Matsutami Miyoko (Japanese children's novel) Not getting very far i'm afraid, but i'm trying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit