Catalogue of Biblical Inconsistencies

by Scully 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skyman
    skyman

Thanks I will read all the points at a late time.

• knothead34
    knothead34

so you want me to listen to someone who calls themselves satanus. Why don't you think outside of the box. this is about religion and believing in God, not any kind of devil worship. what are you advocating here? Satanic worship? Sounds like a good excuse to me for you to do whatever you want without any guilt or conscience. You should be glad that there is no hell.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    What I see here is a bunch of hurt people who have not only turned away from the witnesses but also from God.

hmmm,

First of all, I don't think you've been on this board long enough to be so judgemental about some of the posters.

Secondly, I'm one of those who IS a believer (not in the JWs, but in the Almighty Creator) and try to adhere to those 'treasures' of the Bible that are inspired by God and discount the obvious writings of men that are left wanting. Without exception, all the people on this board are good people, revealing their experiences in life and how it has effected them - I may not agree with their assessment, but then again, I haven't traveled down their road - neither have you. Life is for figuring out... it takes a LIFETIME. You and I believe in God, but where we differ, is I believe in a Loving God who knows each of our circumstances, hearts, desires and trust that in the end, we, for the most part, will figure it out (whether we have the scriptures or not). So....please, lighten up. my 2 cents

D.E.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

IMO, anyone who has read and actually understands the first few chapters of Genesis would realize that the inconsistencies in the scriptures and such things as the conflicting proverbs posted above are simply the "flaming sword" (turning this way and that way) at the entrance to (paradise)......which is the world we live in, sans the scriptures/religious teachings which have generated conflict after conflict, war after war...for thousands of years because people don't have the strength of will or knowledge to turn the religious writings face down.

• knothead34
    knothead34

first of all, these posts were made to satanus, not you. if you had read my full post, your would have deduced that. Furthermore, you don't know everyone on this board and neither do I. I was commenting on the content of a particular post,not the poster specifically. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. So if I choose to be "closed minded" about not reading other uninspired books and read only the bible, then forgive me. I am glad you believe in the great creator, however it seems that satanus does not and that was what I was eluding to

• Satanus
    Satanus
    so you want me to listen to someone who calls themselves satanus.

Sorry if i scared you. I use the name to help people get over their superstitions, among other things.

Why don't you think outside of the box.

Maybe i will.

this is about religion and believing in God, not any kind of devil worship.

Who said it was about the devil?

what are you advocating here? Satanic worship?

Um, did i do that?

Sounds like a good excuse to me for you to do whatever you want without any guilt or conscience.

Why wouldn't people do what they want? They have goals, short term, long term. So, they do what they have to do to get to those goals. You don't seem to be doing what you want? How sad. Everyone is totally free to do what they want, if they are willing to pay the price. Your comment suggests that i would not have respect other people or their stuff, to have empathy for them. You don't know me in the least.

You should be glad that there is no hell.

Bet you wish there was hell for people like me, eh. Perhaps i could suggest that you check out ther catholics. S

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I'm in the midst of Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus; the story behind who changed the Bible and why" which you may also find of interest.

BTW, thanks, leolala for the link to your earlier thread--I'd read it the first time around and enjoyed it as much the second time!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Furthermore, you don't know everyone on this board and neither do I.

Maybe not, but at almost 4000 posts to your 8 and 4 years to your less than 24 hours, I do believe I know this board and the people on it a hell-of-a-lot more than you do.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Thanks for that one Scully, found it very interesting, also the 'atrocity' section on the site.

Poppy

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Thank you Skully...I have been talking to my son about just this subject and was trying to put a list together but haven't had time.

I appreciate it.

And knothead...there are plenty of people that haven't turned their backs on god here. Lighten up. Get some coffee, take a seat, and read some more posts and you will see that. There is a huge mix of Christians and non Christians on this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit