Catalogue of Biblical Inconsistencies

by Scully 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scully
  • under74
    under74

Very good! Thanks for posting it. It's on my favorites now.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    These are good too....
    Conflicting Proverbs

Actions speak louder than words. The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss.
    Look before you leap. He who hesitates is lost.
    A silent man is a wise one. A man without words is a man without thoughts.
    Beware of Greeks bearing gifts. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Clothes make the man. Don't judge a book by its cover.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Better safe than sorry.
    Money talks. Talk is cheap.
    The only thing constant is change. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Two heads are better than one. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
    Many hands make light work. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
    The bigger, the better. The best things come in small packages.
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Out of sight, out of mind.
    What will be, will be. Life is what you make it.
    Cross your bridges when you come to them. Forewarned is forearmed.
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander. One man's meat is another man's poison.
    With age comes wisdom. Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings come all wise sayings.
    The more, the merrier. Two's company; three's a crowd.
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia
    JA 4:5 (Quotes an alleged scripture [OT] verse not found in the OT.)

I can't resist plugging my own thread on this fascinating question:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/80498/1.ashx

• aniron
    aniron

Bit old hat weren't they many of them have been dealt with before.

James 4:5

The quotation here, as in Eph 5:14 , seems to be not so much from a particular passage as one gathered by James from the general tenor of such passages in both the Old and New Testaments, as Num 14:29 Pro 21:20 Gal 5:17 . I had to laugh. Underneath the original post by Scully was an advert for a webite to Nostradamus. I know people who believe what he has written more than they do the Bible.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

useful reference and summary - thankyou

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Scully, you must cease listening to the voices emananting from the Pit. Repudiate, reject, and renounce the ways of the infidel, and bring your every though into captivity to Christ. Amen! For he shall work a mighty work in thee, yea, even unto the establishing of your name in glory. Halelujah! Walk with me sister as I speak unto thee of the mighty ways of Jehovah Jireh. Praise Him! Yea, even Jehovah Nissi. Bless His Name! Guide oh thou great Jehovah. Glory! Oh blessed Jesus. Amen!

Blah blah blah blah blah. Blort.

Yours not in Joe Hovah,
    Nate

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Scully,
    This addy is full of links that may answer your questions. If you can't find info to refute the 'inconsisitency' claims please let me know.
    Rex

• knothead34
    knothead34

What I see here is a bunch of hurt people who have not only turned away from the witnesses but also from God. Just because you don't believe in the JWs beliefs does not mean that the bible is a load of crap. I find this blasphemous and disgusting. The JWs are one extreme and you are at the other end. Give me a break and quit your crying about the JWs are wrong...blah...blah...blah. Noone should turn their back on JEHOVAH just because of one group.!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hello knothead

Noone should turn their back on god because of the bible. I mean, just cuz the bible has been the accepted authority on gods and things for a few centuries, does that mean you have to close your mind to further learning? It seems that a lot of people treat the bible as the beall and endall of god. Is all of god contained and limited to one archaic book? Try a little out of the box thinking.

S

Btw, i didn't flush god or the bible after leaving the wt. I was a christian for about 2 yrs after that. It was when i found the bible to be noninspired that i flushed it and it's little god down the crapper where they belong. Welcome to the board

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit