Abortion

by Ellie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Its the usual conflict between the rights of the fetus and the rights of the woman isnt it?

Personally I am not pro or against; I think different situations call for different measures but I do think the law should try and legislate between a woman who needs and wants a termination and a woman who just simply wants an abortion out of convenience.

But hey...thats just my two pennys worth.

DB74

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

i think its easy for a person to simply choose pro or con but its a different story when you actually go through with it.

Suddenly, "right" and "wrong" aren't so black and white walking out of that clinic.

• Carmel
    Carmel

We should all be free to kill whomever we please if they pose an "inconvenience" to us, especially those awful dark skinned ones and the big fat ugly ones from Russia, oh and the ones from the Orient that have too flat of noses.. Yeah, they make me uncomfortable so I should be albe to dispose of them so I don't have to share resources with them or have them upset my sense of self importance.

Yeah, that's it!

carmel

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I discoved I was pregnant with my last child I was scared. I had an IUD and there was every possibility that the baby had grown around the IUD or that the baby's membrane sac had incorporated the IUD. When my doctor told me she would have to remove the IUD and possiblely kill the baby I cried, I was going to have an abortion and wasnt prepared at all for it and never even wanted to think that I would have to do so. I was fortunate, the baby was so far away from the IUD that when the doctor did the sonogram she asked me if I believed in God.

My position on abortion is that it should never be used as a contraception tool. It should only be done for health issues or in cases of rape or incest if need be. But I could never impose my opinion on someone else. But it's so funny that when people want babies, that little dot at 5 weeks or less is a baby and not a zygote

Josie

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

In my opinion, there are no absolutes in the abortion issue. I used to be anti-abortion...totally against it for any reason. But now, my view has changed. If we ban abortion completely....would you be willing to let your 10 yr old daughter die, if she had been raped and carrying the baby to full term would kill her? If abortion is legalized...completely......do we allow a woman to have an abortion on the day before it is due to be born? Don't tell me these scenarios will not happen....they will. There will always be someone that will push a situation to the extreme and test the limits of the law, or lack thereof. To the ladies that feel you are the only one that is able to make the decision whether to have the child or not...I disagree. It takes two to tango. Don't tell me that I have absolutely no say in the matter unless you are willing to accept full responsibility. Do not come to me for child support if you are unwilling to involve me in the decision of whether or not you have an abortion. If you want to say it is your decision alone and the man has no say at all....fine....don't come to me for child support. It goes both ways. If one wants to say that all abortion is murder...fine....but...if a woman has a miscarriage because she tripped and fell over something on the floor causing injury to the fetus....do we charge her with involuntary homicide? Yes, it was an accident, but does someone get off with no consequence if they "accidentally" run over someone with their car and kill them? You can't have it both ways. Maybe we should ban all forms of sex unless a couple is trying to have a child. A couple of cells do not a human make. Those cells only have the potential to become a human. So does a mans sperm and a womans egg each have the potential to become a human? Do we ban sex for anything other than procreation because each little sperm has the potential to become a human? Where does it stop? All I am saying is that there are no absolutes in the abortion debate.

• Mary
    Mary
    the 'This Morning' show today but they had a woman on it whos mother had tried to abort her at 7 and a half months pregnant, apparentely they gave her mum some stuff to drink which burns the baby inside and out, but fortunately this baby survived and now as a woman she is campaigning for anti abortion laws to be brought in.

Well all I can say is the mother must've been a stupid bitch to try and abort a baby at 7 months .......can you say DUUUUHHH???? I think it should be up to each individual person to decide if they want to have a baby or not. While practicing responsible birth control would almost eliminate this very question, the reality is: people get pregnant with unwanted children. Some opt to have the child, others don't.

i think its easy for a person to simply choose pro or con but its a different story when you actually go through with it.

True enough. I don't have children. A good friend of mine came to me last year to tell me her (unwed) daughter was pregnant. I said "..okay, why doesn't she have an abortion?" My friend and her daughter don't believe in abortion so her daughter had the baby. I have to admit he's the sweetest little guy........hardly cries and is happy as can be and I really love him........so you're probably right: it's easier said than done.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    the 'This Morning' show today but they had a woman on it whos mother had tried to abort her at 7 and a half months pregnant

I believe in the US it would be illegal to abort in the seventh month except out of medical necessity. I've always understood that 'abortion on demand' only applies to the first trimester. Am I correct?

• kiddotan
    kiddotan
    I've decided that I'm pro-minding my own business.

i like this, wish i was as good and unopinonated.

I do agree with have guidelines, and am for choice.

I've had 6 miscarriages, would i be charged with murder 6 times, cause i sneezed, tripped, got stressed. Maybe my ex-husband should be charged for murder, because he beat the crap out of me and I miscarried - TWICE. All After 12 weeks!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

kiddotan

Maybe my ex-husband should be charged for murder, because he beat the crap out of me and I miscarried - TWICE. All After 12 weeks!

There's a word for men like that... although scum is the mildest one I can use here...

But if deliberately inflicted injury causes miscarriage of a child too far-along to legally abort, then I see no reason why not - in addition to the charges he should have faced for beating you.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I am still wating for someone to show me a scripture that specifically outlaws abortion.

Does it matter? I don't base my feelings on abortion on the bible or any other scripture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit