What do you feel is truly and absolutely IMPOSSIBLE?

by AlmostAtheist 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    How can you be so sure the dead can not kill the living. That would mean that spirits are impossible. How can you prove that to be so?

Well, I can't prove it. But I still consider it impossible. (As SNG mentioned, I only say they can't kill. Not that they don't exist. [I consider that possibility to be highly unlikely, but not impossible])

If spirits could kill -- I reason -- they would. Dead children would come back and kill their heartless parents. Murder victims would seek revenge. "Bad spirits" would kill for kicks. Yet we don't see any appreciable number of unexplainable deaths. A person could argue that people die in supposed "accidents" that may actually have a spirit behind them. But I personally don't buy that at all.

You can see something of my character in the fact that I'm willing to call this totally impossible, while others with similar beliefs (SNG, for instance) would only label this "highly unlikely". I don't know exactly what it says about me, but it says something. (I suspect it's something bad.)

Dave

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think it just makes you like everyone else. It is IMPOSSIBLE to know what is impossible. Everything we believe must be based on some assumption, there has to be an assumptive reference point to start from. I believe that the more dogmatic a person becomes about their beliefs, the less possible it is for them to recognise the assumptions they make.
    To bring it back to JWs, the reason they are so positive that they are right is that their dogmatism blinds them from recognising the base assumptions they have made.

• Chandler
    Chandler

Very Interesting Question Indeed...

Absolutelly Impossible Things Are For Me :

1. A World Populated By Absolutelly Every One Being a Loving, Caring Person, And Yet Being a World Plagued With Wars, and Suffrering.

2. Jesus Christ Coming Down In Visible Ways To Every Single Inhabitant of the Planet, and Performing Even More Powerfull Miracles Than

Ever, and Every Single Human Converting To True Chistianism.

3. A Religion True To Its Advertised Principles.

I Am Absolutely Sure There Are Dozens of Things Like These There...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Traveling to Central or South America and not coming home with the flying poops. I think I am 5 for 5 on my trips there.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit