How would you rate Jw's on a spiritual scale......

by AK - Jeff 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Golf!

Thanks for the compliment!

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Finally-Free

Thank you! I think maybe...nah prolly...I've written similar material before.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Yo Daystar

You avatar still draws my attention. Very freaky in a primal way...generally speaking!

Thanks!
    Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Jeff

Thank you!

I think we would have a dynamite book if we could get everyone here to submit their accounts of being a JW. I'd gladly edit it, and all monies could go to a charity or worthy cause we designate.

Thinking out loud...no wait, these are my fingers.
    Nate

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thankyou Nate, you put things very well indeed, and, I think, summed up the problem with the wt with this line:

spiritual people are progressive, accepting. As jws, we mostly just accepted what the fds fed us, and whether truly satisfied or not, never really attempted to make progress through our own research.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I would rate myself as no more than 2 during the whole time I was a jw

• daystar
    daystar
    spiritual people are progressive, accepting

Most of the time. I've known people who have taken on the label "spiritual", but more because it's a bit of a fad these days than anything else. They end up being just as blindly dogmatic, in their own, special, pagan way as any Christian fundie.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

as I see it spiritual is from latin - full of breath or hot air or BULL$#!+ and I would rank JWs very high on my BS scale (^_^)

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Silently beneath all beliefs which make up an individual self, there is that which is without bounds or definitions, and is the foundational reality of all things. The people I have met that have awoken to this, have no religion, no beliefs which shrink or reduce this purity to some thing, object or deity separate from them.

There doesn't seem to be degrees; you either know it and realize it, or you don't....but either way, it's still here.

j

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Thank you, FullOfDoubtNow, and you're welcome.

Yep, I do recall having to cowtow to the authorities and believe whatever they said. I was able to twist my brain into a first-century for awhile. Only for awhile.

Hey, you did much better than I. I would rate myself a zero during my Watchtower daze.

Nate

• heathen
    heathen

Most I've known are miserable hypocrites so I'd have to put them on the satanic scale and give them a 12 . Hey satan is a spirit ....... The WTBTS did join the UN as an NGO and lied about it , I feel that the WTBTS continues to beat their fellow slaves while mentioning that the master is delaying all the friggen time , they reject the emblems of christs suffering once a year claiming the aren't worth , now that makes sense actually , they aren't worthy . They are spiritual bullies that stifle anyone that questions the authority of the WTBTS . Spirituality involves a personal relationship with God , mono et mono , nobody can have that kind of relationship with a corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit