How would you rate Jw's on a spiritual scale......

by AK - Jeff 45 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

of 1 to 12. One being almost no true spirituallity, and 12 being as spiritual as possible in this life?

I give them about a three. Really like a third grade spirituality. A little of the basics, but not much, and no room to grow since you are held back to that same level with no outside impact for as long as you are a witness. No witness ever had a true Christian library complete with commentaries, dictionaries of word meanings, early church history, and varying points of view, as example. Just the ole' bound volumes with the oft-repeated Watchtower Theology, and occasional foundationaless 'new light'.

Pretty clear to see on these boards when comparing the Wt apologists and their lack of anything deep or concrete to add to the conversation for example, yet like a third grader thinking they have learned it all. Then next year they learn it again and again and again, forever.

Thoughts?

Jeff

• Gopher
    Gopher

Is your definition of spirituality describing knowledge and reasoning ability?

I think spirituality includes how much you apply what you know, along with an eagerness to grow and give the most of yourself to the people you come in contact with.

This varies from person to person within the JW community. Some are at first-grade level, not really caring much about other people and not really trying to learn and grow. Others have made it a lot further, but are hindered by the Watchtower's harsh views of the outside world and endless rules and doctrine changes. Many of the JW's are spiritual because of being good people, and not because of any benevolent influence of WT leadership.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yeah 3 sounds about right. When I think of being in the bOrg I think of a dry, humorless, no frills, no joy, no inspirational, dull place. How depressing is that? And I must admit I was depressed and I didnt even know it.

• carla
    carla

• blondie
    blondie

Depends on the individual, some could be a ten and some a minus ten.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They don't deserve much, perhaps 2 or 3 points for trying more than other societies to abide by a moral code, but otherwise they are a total failure, they are totalitarian, have no brotherly love, and are too conceited to accept that they committed many doctrinal errors.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Is your definition of spirituality describing knowledge and reasoning ability?

Good question. I think spirituality is open to individual interps. Some who do not believe in a personal God are perhaps deeply spiritual.

Defined as a personal relationship with the Christian God of the Bible is how I generally view it, but not exclusively that, as mentioned.

Put another way; If you went to school to learn and get close to God and others through that relationship with God, what grade are they in?

Jeff

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A big fat 0 , if you're a jw how can you get close to God if you're being told that the fds (spray) is your mediator, not Jesus?

• Golf
  • Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit