Anyone here know much about Cat Psychology ??

by bull01lay 42 Replies latest jw friends

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

AAWWWWW!!! He's so cute!!!!

Will the suckling stop? (see my above post)

Jez - The one cat we had that did this, never stopped, even when she was old. Don't know if that's normal or not...

GGG

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Some behaviorists believe that sucking is an indication that the cat was taken away from its mother too soon. In effect the kitten has irreversable emotional/cat-psychological damage.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Is this serious? All I know my cat was acting up once by constantly darting outside everytime we opened the door. This cat is an indoor cat and has been since we got it. 6yrs of being in the house. Then one summer it started doing that. Consequently it brought in a bus load of fleas in the house which drove us nuts. So I said, "You wanna be outside?, fine!" I took it for a long ride and dropped it off at a farm somewhere.

HOWS THAT FOR CAT PSYCHOLOGY?

D.

That is one of the most inhumane things to do to a cat! The poor thing would have been better off if you had euthanized it! That cat had lived indoors most of it's life and probably had little clue as to how to hunt and fend for itself in the wild. A farm is a very wild place. I doubt it had a clue as to how to deal with coyotes, let alone the ferrel barn cats and ekking out it's own turf. If you had any sense of decency for the humanized pet that you cared for for those years you would have adopted it out to someone who actually had a heart. Now, back on topic. Bull - you have received good advice, and it looks like Olly is already coming around. His drooling could be a) because he is cutting teeth or b) because he's a drooler. Some cats drool when being lovey-dovey.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I want to teach him to use the toilet eventually - I'm imfored that it can be done !

Yes! There are trainer kits you can buy that you sit over the toilet under the lid. You slowly ween the cat from litter to clear to opening the hole and soon, voila! The cat uses the loo on it's own. You might even be able to train it to flush.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

D. made a joke, about dumping the cat, thank god. Don't ever do that again, D.!lol My mother always told me a joke was good only when it was funny. This wasn't, really. But I do understand you, about the litterbox. Although for me, it has become just like a mother who changes her babies' diapers. The cutest poos in the world, even if stinky.;P

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    D. made a joke, about dumping the cat, thank god.

Some "jokes" aren't funny, but intended to hurt instead.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I have to admit, it hurt me way more then it made me laugh.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay
    like a mother who changes her babies' diapers. The cutest poos in the world, even if stinky

LMAO Lily - that's gross, yet funny !

Don't be too hard on Defd - I didn't find the joke amusing either, but at least he had the decency to apologise! I guess that means we can take one less kick at his boll**ks !!

There are trainer kits you can buy

I'm gonn have to look for one of those Brenda... not only is it more sanitary... but can you imagine visitors surprise if they go the loo to find the cat squeezing one out !! Being able to flush too would be the icing on the cake !!!

Bull! <=wondering if he can teach the cat to wipe...... !

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I had 2 cats toilet trained - we started them at about 6 months, shortly after they were fixed. The only problem was we had only one bathroom in the apartment, and when we used the loo we had to take out the trainer. I lost one cat to illness, and almost lost the other. She never got back on the toilet after her illness, but if she HAD to use a litterbox, she would stand on the rim with 3 feet and balance with 1 foot in the litter until her unsanitary deed was done. She preferred to go outside. (I've always had indoor-outdoor cats - and cat doors are simply the cat's meow!)

• bull01lay
    bull01lay
    she would stand on the rim with 3 feet and balance with 1 foot in the litter until her unsanitary deed was done

That's the funniest mental image I've had in ages ! LMAO !!!

Bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit