Anyone here know much about Cat Psychology ??

by bull01lay 42 Replies latest jw friends

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

My cat is toilet trained.... I've come into the bathroom on many occasions and had to wait for her to be done before I could use the toilet myself. She doesn't flush, but she does 'dig' on the toilet seat, like she thinks she's covering something up.

The strangest thing is laying in bed at night and suddenly you hear 'tinkle tinkle tinkle' when you know that everyone is in bed... that took some getting used to..

GGG

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My wife and I have a new cat - a 7 month old Blue Smoke Persian named Olly (pedigree name is Pannonius Olympian). Olympian he is too - weighing in at 5kg already !!

He's extremely timid, and hides pretty much constantly, meowing (squeaking now cos I think he's made his throat sore, poor mite). Any attempts to go near him result in him hissing and running away. Then, all of a sudden, he'll just run up for a fuss, then the next time you see him, he hisses again and legs it.

I'm afraid you will be fighting an uphill battle with this.

Kittens need to be "Socialized" between 3 - 7 weeks or perhaps up to 9 weeks of age. This is a very critical time period and if a kitten is not frequently handled by humans during this time, the kitten will be strongly inclined to be afraid of humans.

Kittens who are frequently handled during this critical time will be far more social with humans.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    You just can't figure cats.

So much wisdom from Blondie! I've had my cat for about 8 years now, and I still can't figure her out. One thing I know for sure.. she sets up the rules in the house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit