Did You Know A Lot Of Witnesses That Were A "Little Fruit Loops"?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There were a couple (elder and wife) that regularly farted as if it never was noticed.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No, Min, but those descriptions you've given have me cracking up over here!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    regularly farted as if it never was noticed.

Yeah, I do that. Why should I suffer discomfort because of someone else's phobia of natural odours?

Besides, it always ensures I have room in elevators, a seat on the subway, and that people get the hell out of my office in a timely fashion.

W

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Then there was Bergalot, which means in German mountain echo. We called her talkalot behind her back. She had to be the most self-centered person I've ever known. One CO said that after they made her they threw away the pattern. The CO's only had to put up with her one or two weeks a year. Since mrs. kessel was a widow, we had to give her rides to and from the meetings. Nobody else could stand her. One of the elders built a house near where she lived, so they started giving her rides. That lasted about two weeks and then we had to do it again. The elder and his family couldn't put up with her. We lived in northern Montana and during the winter we'd have to sit in the cold car after the meeting while she chattered away. Mrs. kessel never once said, "We have to go now, the kids have to get up for school tomorrow." Nope, we had to sit there until Bergalot was done talking. It seemed like forever. Mrs. kessel took her out in service several times a week. Bergalot would chatter away and mrs. kessel would say uhuh, from time to time. Bergalot would call mrs. kessel several times a day and mrs. kessel would listen to her for an hour or more saying uhuh, uhuh.

It never occured to me until lately that mrs. kessel must have enjoyed Bergalot's company. Apparently, she could just space out while Bergalot talked. Therapy, I guess.

• colorado5591
  • Enigma One
    Enigma One

Fruit Loops? Nope. But I did know a few that went KooKoo for the Cocoa Puffs.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

hehehe! That's good.

Never underestimate the power of a little garlic with your sourkraut.

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Yes there were always wackos in the congregation... I think religion in general atracts a lot of people who are not right in the head (along with perfectly "normal" people as well, of course).

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

There was one man...it was a bit sad, really. He studied with my father for a bit, but everyone knew he was only doing it for the compagny. He swore he had stoped smoking and he came into the hall smelling of smoke covered with lots of cheap cologne. He would walk in and sit right in the middle or front of the hall and open up one of the many books and volumes he had brought. They were all JW books, of course, but so of topic that it was almost funny. He was barely listening to a word said on the stage, he would read and loudly turn the pages ( and licking his thumb) of his books all trough the meetings. That got all the sisters gossiping after the meetings.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There is a guy in the kh I went to that used to burp all the time, even when he was giving talks. He never apologised either, just burped away whenever and wherever he was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit